H20 Photo Pros in Newport Beach, CA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee:
Dennis and I took care of the matter today. Please let us know when you receive the strobe. Marjan please understand there is a process when dealing with foreign purchases via the web. Our system has to clear everything. I do hope you are happy with the outcome.

Cheers and happy shooting!

I arrange everything with Dennis. He quick replay after telephone call. Tnx allot. Sorry for misunderstandings !!!

Lee:
Dennis and I took care of the matter today. Please let us know when you receive the strobe. Marjan please understand there is a process when dealing with foreign purchases via the web. Our system has to clear everything. I do hope you are happy with the outcome.

Cheers and happy shooting!
I did in fact receive the strobe, on 9/4/08, after it was determined that there was a "billing problem". The strobe was drop shipped from Ikelite to me. I am still waiting to receive the battery charger as it was not shipped with the strobe. I am expecting (based on what I was told by Dennis) the charger to arrive tomorrow 9/9/08. I will update this board when I receive it.

Well I've really had it with H20 Photo Pros. I was assured by Dennis and got a phone message from Mike that the last piece of my July order, the DS160 strobe charger, was going to arrive today. I actually received shipments from UPS (Ikelite parts from B & H Photo in NY) and Fedex but nothing from H20 Photo Pros. I called down there to see what the tracking information was and Mike called me back to apologize (yet again) because "he was all by himself and didn't get my item to UPS in time".

I'm now told that Mike has shipped the strobe charger (which for some unknown reason didn't come with the strobe) and I will receive it tomorrow. I have been promised by Mike an email with the tracking information.

The aggravating thing for me is that, based on their assurances, I arranged an appointment for tomorrow morning to bring all this gear to a custom case company to have the foam cut for a case. Now I have to cancel that appointment and try to arrange another day that I'm off work and the case guy can see me. It's really a good thing that I pushed my trip back a week or I wouldn't have time to get the case done.

I'm sorry but every time Mike was supposed to take care of something it has fallen apart. First it was over three weeks where the strobe order was MIA (unknown to me) due to a debit card problem Mike had. Then finally getting the strobe, but them not sending the charger. Dennis was good about following through but overall as a company, I completely unsatisfied. I would not feel comfortable ordering from them again.

I actually bought a new lens for my camera and a dome port to go with it yesterday and got it all today from B&H Photo in NY. The overnight shipping was less than sales tax in California.

I'll update here if I get the strobe charger tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom