H20 Photo Pros in Newport Beach, CA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anybody know if H20 Photo Pros in Newport Beach, California, is still in business or is having some kind of special circumstance that is impacting their customer service? Are they even a brick and mortar store?

I place an order three weeks ago and it was only partially filled, and the final item was a demo product that they had on their shelf at the time of the order. I've tried to contact them multiple times over the last two weeks by phone and e-mail but nobody answers and nobody returned my voicemails or e-mails.

This is my last piece of investigation before I escalate things to my credit card company.

Thanks you for any information that you are able to provide.

David

Last edited:
David, I do apologize for the mishap on the shipping of that item. I know we got everything taken care of in our telephone conversation and I appreciate your understanding. We have been shorthanded the last week and a half with one of our employees being gone.

If you have not already seen the invitation, we are hosting a BBQ and Happy Hour this Saturday from 5 to ?? at our Newport Store. For more info, see this post

Has anyone else have any experience or communication problems with H2OPhotoPros recently?

I ordered a housing/arm/strobe package 2 weeks ago. I knew that the new Ikelite 160 strobe wouldn't be in until Aug. but the rest of the package was supposed to be sent to them for my pickup.

Been having trouble getting Mike to return calls or emails. Got one email back telling me he was checking on my package and was promised a call today, but so far nothing.

Beginning to get concerned enough over the lack of communication to consider canceling the order. Has anyone else having similar issues?

I have done some business with Mike and all went very well. I would not be concerned and I plan on doing more business with him in the future.

After we talked on the telephone, Mike found the part that had not shipped and quickly sent it to me. He also apologized for my troubles.

Thank you Mike.

David

I did finally speak to Mike on Friday. He apologized for not getting back to me. He also told me that Ikelite did not ship the order, waiting for the strobe to become available. I reminded him that this was not what we had agreed on. He told me that the shipping was upgraded and he would have it in his shop tomorrow. We made a confirmed appointment for me to come and pick it up on Wed.

"More will be revealed"

Last edited:
I am not sure if I am out of line with what I am about to say or not. If I am, pease tell me, but I intend no harm or ill will with this post.

Since Mike at H2O Pros is a member of Scuba Board, maybe it would be a good idea to make sure all your dealings (this goes out to everybody and not just those who have posted here) with them are resolved before posting here. You can discuss issues via PM with him. I just feel that it is only fair that we give them the opportunity to privately correct any issues they may have before announcing to the board that an issue or hiccup arose. And if there are other communication failures that caused this thread, then I guess there are some things that need to be worked out by H2O but this is apparently a reliable method of getting Mike's attention.

If I ever have the opportunity or need to buy from Mike, I would like to enter into that with no preconcieved notion of how it will go until I ask people (on SB most likely) at that specific time if they are reputable. Again, I just feel like spreading dirty laundy is a bad thing and should only be a last resort. Here on SB, we found a reliable way of reaching them when other options fail.

Just my 2 cents worth.

*********** Edit ***********

I just wanted to add that this posting is not at all referring to anyone that has posted anything here. This post has done exactly what it was intended (I believe) and that is to find a secure and reliable way of getting communications to H2O.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom