H-valve acceptable ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvtStash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hellohello , anyone know if an H-valve (single tank, redundant 1st/2nd stages) is acceptable as redundancy over a seperate pony bottle in the SDI solo program ?

Also... if a pony bottle IS mandated do they require any particular size?

Should be at least 1.5 times the estimated volume of gas required for the dive. So you require 61 cu ft for a dive, your tank(s) should hold 92 cu ft and also have 31 cu ft pony.

In the past I logged tons of dives on a st hp130 with an H-valve plus a 19cf. pony....nice combo.

The only problem I see with using a H or Y valve is if you blow a rupture disk. It doesn't happen very often but that is still something that can happen.

On the other hand, it's not uncommon for people to run out of air

The only problem I see with using a H or Y valve is if you blow a rupture disk. It doesn't happen very often but that is still something that can happen.

Also the tank neck O ring. If that goes then you are SOL .

On the other hand, it's not uncommon for people to run out of air

If you are the type of diver that runs out of air then you have no right to be diving solo.

Back
Top Bottom