H-160 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubble-head

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
When on a recent Hatteras dive my scooter acted like it was in low battery limp mode and then the prop stopped turning. I thought I may had failed to charge the battery and fully charged it. I tested it in a tub of water and all seemed fine. I attempted to use it today and no power. I found if I have it in a vertical position it will run well but as soon as I move it into a horizontal position power cuts out until I make it vertical again. Have you ever had another scooter do this?
best,
Patrick

I don't know if it will help or not,... I had something similar happen to my H-160, when I had it. I had to send it back in to Hollis & found that the main shaft O-ring had failed & the engine compartment flooded. The only other symptom I had was that the motor sounded like it had gears grinding (rough running & it would only operate in emergency mode). Since it runs one way & not the other, I would bet a flood.

Thanks! It sounds like it's due for some service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom