Gulf Shores/ Orange Beach - Oct 13th? Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just down there last weekend, no diving, but a very nice area!

hmmmm from the pictures in the gallery, looks like moving traffic through the area will be a bottle-neck towards Bahama Bobs.

Oh wait... It gets better! I just noticed this on the website too...

"Join us for the Inaugural Shrimp Festival 10K Run,
October 13, 2007 at 7:30 AM."

Getting there shouldn't be too bad early. Leaving we may need to take the 'scenic route' though

Save your money Mike and come to Vortoberfest.

If the traffic is bad you could always go down the Beach Express to O.B. and dive the Perdido Pass Jetties or Under the bridge.......

Or all of the above :D

What time would we need to have you back by for the wedding mike?

The wedding is not until late afternoon, but the earlier the better on diving. (You never know what plans develop for that afternoon after folks get into town).

I think the earlier-the-better, might work better for traffic condiditons around where 59 hits the beach at the Shrimpfest also.

The wedding is not until late afternoon, but the earlier the better on diving. (You never know what plans develop for that afternoon after folks get into town).

I think the earlier-the-better, might work better for traffic condiditons around where 59 hits the beach at the Shrimpfest also.

So we could do the Whiskey around 6:15-6:30ish and perhaps head down to OB and squeeze a quick dive in there too. We could have you back around 10:00 or so I would guess.

:cheers:

CivilE

My trip down has been put on hold at the moment as I've got a family member in the Hospital.

So I just can't say yet that we'll be down this weekend because of it and what might be needed of us when they get out.... but right now doesn't look like we'll be coming down.

maybe next time. Will let you know if anything changes.

My trip down has been put on hold at the moment as I've got a family member in the Hospital.

So I just can't say yet that we'll be down this weekend because of it and what might be needed of us when they get out.... but right now doesn't look like we'll be coming down.

maybe next time. Will let you know if anything changes.

Sorry to hear about that mike_s. Hope everything is OK (and everyone for that matter!)

Back
Top Bottom