gulf shores dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe there will be a 3 period after the sinking before divers are allowed on it.

Thanks for the map and the geo. lesson.Also for the links to the hotels.
Maybe I should be looking in the Pensacola area.
By the way CAPTAIN what is a 3 period?

Pensacola "proper", like downtown has regular hotel/motels available. Gulf Shores has a few left, most of them above the intercoastal canal. If you are launching out of Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, AL, consider staying in Foley(just north of GS), AL. They have the full range of motels there and are cheaper than being on the beach while only costing you another 15min of driving.

oops never mind

douglasville diver:
Thanks for the map and the geo. lesson.Also for the links to the hotels.
Maybe I should be looking in the Pensacola area.
By the way CAPTAIN what is a 3 period?

My Bad. It's a 3 day period.

If you like sitting in slow moving beach traffic, then Gulf Shores if for you.

at 10am, when it's condo check-out time, the place becomes gridlock. The cops just sit there and do nothing. Last time we were in Gulf Shores, it took over 2 hours to get north of Foley. (which is about 20 miles).

I'd stay in Orange Beach first, or anywhere else but Gulf Shores. In Orange Beach they have an expressway that bypasses all the traffic and puts you out somewhere near foley north of all the traffic.

Can anyone recommend a marina with accomadations and boat lift/ramp. It would be nice to be able to slip the boat and dive and stay at the same place and not hassle with the driving and boats launching every day. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom