gulf shores dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

douglasville diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just looking to find some decent accomodations for divers, nothing fancy just a bed and shower.
I was hoping some of you guys might know of something , looking around end of may or first of june you guessed it The Mighty "o"

douglasville diver:
Just looking to find some decent accomodations for divers, nothing fancy just a bed and shower.
I was hoping some of you guys might know of something , looking around end of may or first of june you guessed it The Mighty "o"
We'd love to find you help, but a lot depends on the forum you post in.

What state? Ask there... :wink:

("might o?")

Sorry to have been so vauge, I am asking about Gulf Shores Flordia area and diving the USS ORISKANY due to be sunk 17 May.
thanks
DAVE

There are plenty of dive shops in the Gulf SHores, Pensacola Area. It all depends on what you are looking for. I have a fairly intimate knowledge of what's going on around the gulf coast. PM me with your questions and I'll try to help out.

douglasville diver:
Sorry to have been so vauge, I am asking about Gulf Shores Flordia area and diving the USS ORISKANY due to be sunk 17 May.
thanks
DAVE
Gotcha'! I was wondering if Alabama had a shore? I guess I could look at a map. Anyway, feel free to Search and Post in the Flordai forum for best results, in addition to MBP's kind offer. :wink:

DandyDon:
Gotcha'! I was wondering if Alabama had a shore? I guess I could look at a map. Anyway, feel free to Search and Post in the Flordai forum for best results, in addition to MBP's kind offer. :wink:

Yes Alabama has shores Don! I believe douglasville_diver was talking about Gulf Shores, Alabama. I was there a few years ago and was goofing off on the beach the day before there was a shark attack there. I had been telling my friend that day that I kept feeling something brush up against my legs in the water..hah .. Around that same area we were taking a boat out onto the gulf and we set out from a river .. It's awesome to go from seeing alligators to dolphins within a couple minutes!

I still haven't looked a map, but he did say... :)

You guys don't cut no quarter here do you ? Dandy Don I stand corrected , Gulf Shores is Alabama looks like I'm the one who needs the map.

douglasville diver:
You guys don't cut no quarter here do you ? Dandy Don I stand corrected , Gulf Shores is Alabama looks like I'm the one who needs the map.

It's close enough .. It's only like an hour drive to Pensacola Florida from Gulf Shores

Going to Google a map. :silly:

Okay, have located Alabama, and it does indeed seem to have a coast and a place known as Gulf Shores.

streetmap2.gif

alabama_map.gif

So, you might try the Deep Dixie Divers forum. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom