Gulf Shores Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was spring cleaning tonight and found this article from Saltwater Fisherman from the early 90s. The attached picture is a map of the dive sites located within boat distance from the lost pass.

Enjoy

Thats pretty cool, thanks for the post.

I've been to the Wallace a few times, nice big broken boat :D Lots of flounder can be found where the hull meets the sand and near the section where the boat has broken.

I wonder if the Lipscomb and 105' tugs go after other names as well. I've been on the 20 mile tug, Navy tug, and the grain barge(which is an tug that landed upside down). I'm curious if one of these are also known as one of the tugs listed on the map.

Some of the more popular dives then were Dutch East Banks, Three Mile Barge, Sparkman, Dry Docks (my favorite), Wallace, Allen, Buffalo Barges, Whiskey Wreck, Upside Down Barge, and one called Trawler.

I'm sure there are lots more sites that have been put down since then and I'm sure that there are lots that have been covered with sand.

Great diving all.....

Well, for one, the Whiskey Wreck is mostly covered in sand. Last I checked, only about 6" of relief and the sandbar is sitting ontop it.

Three Mile Barge is still the most common divesite for checkouts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom