Gulf Shores Beach Dive Tuesday 4-17-7 afternoon/night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Finding the wreck is never a problem when I'm diving it :wink:

Ahem. I recall a cold day, a Michelin Man Suit, and a Bugman swimming with my float earnestly toward the pink pony.:D

alcrmsntde:
I'll make sure they are loctited and bring a couple of spares.
Thanks Matt

Don't let Mat give you crap Robert :) see you there!

paulwall:
Ahem. I recall a cold day, a Michelin Man Suit, and a Bugman swimming with my float earnestly toward the pink pony.:D

When was this? We didn't find the wreck?

SuPrBuGmAn:
When was this? We didn't find the wreck?

Andreas and I found and marked the wreck until you returned with the float:D

You were searching for the "other" wreck on the other side of 59, I guess.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Anyone up for a beach dive Tuesday afternoon, prabably meet up around 6-6:30PM getting us in the water with a bit of light, but will become a night dive mid-dive. Depending on who's interested, I'm open for different locations. Whiskey Wreck would be easy enough, but the Paddlewheeler would be a possibility as well(if you've been there already). Looking to do one tank, less than 20' of water, water temps in the upper 60sF.

Boy if the water is anything like it was tonight about five or so you all are going to be surprised Ankle high surf the wind had blown the water off the beach till it exposed the 1st sandbar. And the Viz heck you will just call me a liar. I was blessed with seeing a couple 3ft maybe a little less Hammerheads they were great. At surface a large pod of dolphins passed but I was unable to catch up with them underwater. I could have burnt a whole tank just setting in one place watching the fish school. Not West Beach :D

Where were you?

What was visibility?

I hear the surf picked up later tonight, but the wind is supposed to swing out of the North again and likely drop the surf back to this mornings near lake-like conditions on the beach.

Jealous of the hammerheads, very jealous.

I would guess the Viz to be 40 or better I kid you not Beautiful blue water. The place is where I ask you to keep an eye out for something I lost.:D By far the best shore dive ever for me just cruising the shell line between the sandbars and playing along the second working on seeing how close I could get to fish. Underwater the small hammerheads looked like they had snow white heads a really big eyes. I realize that most of this was do to it being underwater but it was cool as hell

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom