Guinness Record breaker at Gilboa Quarry July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Steve Dives! Thanks!
I saw the lines when I was down there a few days ago registering!

ScubaGirl and I are bringing a cart wagon with us to pull our gear! Plus, some camp chairs so we can crash the campsite party!

all hjave a great time - was there with classes last weekend and saw the preparation; while not my cup of tea, I have done a Guiness record thing before and it takes lots of planning and Mike and Jodi are tap dancing as fast as they can - enjoy and post alot!

Hey gang!
Mike said we can have part of the main tent Friday night for a get together. If nothing else it can serve as a jumping off point for raiding neighboring towns :*)

If anyone wants to be in my lane please email me at bersurvey@yahoo.com and I will contact the list compiler and reserve your spot in my lane.
Ber

Wishing everyone at Gilboa this weekend a fun and safe weekend. I have other plans and will be enjoying some non-diving activities. I wish all those going to Gilboa for the "big event" a safe and enjoyable weekend!

Hello Jim,
Thanks for the kind words and wishes. We will be missing you as well.
I am so very ready to get in the water. This has been a interesting week at work.....well that is the G rated version anyway. I will be heading to Gilboa tonight.
Have a great week end and safe diving to all!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Steve didn't take the photo, its the one that was sent out in an email to lane shepherds on Wed.

We are here and set up! There were some technical difficulties and the banner did not get to me. We are set up near the bridge that goes to the main quarry parking lot. Our site has 2 blue and 2 white 10x10 tents. We are right next to where SODA Divers set their camp up. They have a sign :D one of our white tents has a vehicle parked under it.

Stop by and say Hi! I AM wearing my bunny ears around so I'm pretty easy to find, just ask anyone if they have seen the bunny and someone should point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Have already met up with Boats, Scubagirl and CamG. Barracuda2 is set up in our compound as well....ok I set up in his LOL! Divin Hoosier

Barracuda2 is set up in our compound as well....ok I set up in his LOL! Divin Hoosier

Campsite crashing ... fun times!

Someone post an update this evening on how the event went. Did they break the record? If not, was it at least safe and did everyone have fun?

I was watching from upstairs and it was an amazing view. I heard from one of Mike's employee's that they did not break the record but I never heard an offical number. I didn't hear about any incidents but again, I was up top, not on the ground with everyone else. Lifeflight landed for a few minutes but not to transport anyone, I believe they were supposed to take an ariel photo while they were in the area.

Todays newspaper said that the unoffical count was 794 divers in the water.
979 was the number to beat.

The paper said that last week that more than 979 had signed up but that last minute cancellations/no shows were responsible for not beating the record.

Back
Top Bottom