Guess it - Win it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

- what is the product for (as specific as possible) - 50 points
- name of the product - 100 points
- MSRP (will be disclosed on Kickstarter) - 200 points (minus delta)
- Kickstarter special price - 200 points (minus delta).

- CO + Trimix analyzer (Carbon monoxide + Helium + Oxygen)
- TrimixBuddy
- $500
- $400

- what is the product for (as specific as possible) - 50 points: CO-only analyzer
- name of the product - 100 points: COpro
- MSRP (will be disclosed on Kickstarter) - 200 points (minus delta): $279
- Kickstarter special price - 200 points (minus delta). $179

@DiveNav Be sure to let people know that you don't value customers on the Android platform, and have absolutely no intention of supporting them. That would, of course, require honesty and integrity.

@DiveNav Be sure to let people know that you don't value customers on the Android platform, and have absolutely no intention of supporting them. That would, of course, require honesty and integrity.

What's meant by this? I have a Droid phone and the CooTwo and have been using them together, so I'm confused.

- what is the product for (as specific as possible) - 50 points: trimix and CO analyzer
- name of the product - 100 points: HeThree
- MSRP (will be disclosed on Kickstarter) - 200 points (minus delta): $549
- Kickstarter special price - 200 points (minus delta). $449

This posting is from the Cootwo forum, in the "NitroxBuddy with Android 7.1.1?" thread ediving.us • View topic - NitroxBuddy with Android 7.1.1?

Problem solved by customer:
"...... I discovered that disabling wifi (leaving mobile data and bluetooth enabled) allowed my phone to pair successfully for the first time. Not only that, but it continues to work normally after re-enabling wfi.. I've rebooted the phone a couple of times now, as well as clearing data / reinstalling the NitroxBuddy app several times, and haven't been able to reproduce the problem even once........

..... I guess the takeaway is that "Try again with wifi disabled" may be a viable workaround for weird connectivity issues... at least for some devices......"

Note, I have no affiliation with Divenav, but for me there seem to be some limited information on Scubaboard forum, this may help others if they have a similar problem.

What's meant by this? I have a Droid phone and the CooTwo and have been using them together, so I'm confused.
Here's a quote from Alberto:
Bluetooth 4.2 implementations should be backward compatible with 4.1 and 4.0.
Apple does it.
Some Android vendors do not.

Get a different phone.

Off topic:
Here's a quote from Alberto:
Bluetooth 4.2 implementations should be backward compatible with 4.1 and 4.0.

If this is about the Cootwo and communications, I understand it uses Bluetooth 4 Low Energy (BLE), this was implemented in Android 4.3 and generally requires a later Bluetooth chip that supports BLE in the device.

Currently Google only support versions 6 and 7 of Android. And different handset providers have varying compatibility and support. Android version history - Wikipedia

Off topic:

If this is about the Cootwo and communications, I understand it uses Bluetooth 4 Low Energy (BLE), this was implemented in Android 4.3 and generally requires a later Bluetooth chip that supports BLE in the device.

Currently Google only support versions 6 and 7 of Android. And different handset providers have varying compatibility and support. Android version history - Wikipedia
There are good technical reasons why cootwo might not work with a given handset. That's not the issue. The issue is the customer service response to these technical issues. The expectation is better communication.

I won't clog this thread with more off topic stuff.

There are good technical reasons why cootwo might not work with a given handset. That's not the issue.
The points raised above both address technical challenges, and may not have a valid basis. Hence:

The issue is the customer service response to these technical issues. The expectation is better communication.
I agree with this, there are challenges with communications and responsive customer service.

Back
Top Bottom