DIR- GUE GUE Tech 2 Training Depths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trimix is pretend it's shallow. That's why we dive it. Air is one thing. You feel deep. You act deep. Trimix you can dial a high or low and if you want to burn the extra helium cost in OC you can set an END at 40 feet rather than 70 feet or 100 feet. The diving doesn't change. There is a point where pretending would not really help a student. There is also a point where the risk we take in forming bubbles might not be warranted to ensure capability in training. That's just my opinion. As instructors get older, should we subject them to greater age related risks by making them dive deep when DAN says we should back it off? Or, should standards allow experienced instructors to bring 20 or 30 years of trimix experience to classes without placing such educators at greater risk? That's why I was just curious. I'm 50 years old and the river hasn't been nice lately. Conditions are improving. I just did a 21/35 dive at 152 and we had 30 - 40 feet of visibility rather than the less than 5 feet we had for a week or more. Don't worry. As a PSAI instructor I have to be within 10 feet of max course depth.

in tech 2 class you need to be doing tech 2 dives IMO.
your instructors sound to me like they should skip these classes and stay shallower. technical diving is risky. if they can't walk their students through a few experience dives safely for whatever reason, they shouldn't be teaching those classes. there's no law that says they HAVE to subject themselves to this increased risk

in tech 2 class you need to be doing tech 2 dives IMO.
your instructors sound to me like they should skip these classes and stay shallower. technical diving is risky. if they can't walk their students through a few experience dives safely for whatever reason, they shouldn't be teaching those classes. there's no law that says they HAVE to subject themselves to this increased risk

When is a dive a tech 2 dive? If a diver is cave2 + tech 1 do you think it’s ok to do a 30 meter dive with doubles (ean32), bottomstage (ean32) and oxygen stage at a wreck?

When I wanted to do that dive it was not allowed because people were telling me that it is a tech 2 dive...

When is a dive a tech 2 dive? If a diver is cave2 + tech 1 do you think it’s ok to do a 30 meter dive with doubles (ean32), bottomstage (ean32) and oxygen stage at a wreck?

When I wanted to do that dive it was not allowed because people were telling me that it is a tech 2 dive...

do I think it's ok? yea. fine by me. would your instructor or the various scuba police approve? maybe not

Seems to me that using a hypoxic gas on a shallow dive is just make-pretend.

don't disagree if you do it intentionally, but I do know of many instructors that follow hypoxic procedures during normoxic training to prep for hypoxic. The question I asked though was if you're out on a boat and the plan is 250 but you can only get to a 170ft site and you don't find out until you are out there.

don't disagree if you do it intentionally, but I do know of many instructors that follow hypoxic procedures during normoxic training to prep for hypoxic. The question I asked though was if you're out on a boat and the plan is 250 but you can only get to a 170ft site and you don't find out until you are out there.
it sounds to me like it's instructor discretion in these cases. if that was me on a regular dive, i'd just do the 170' dive on the gas i brung.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom