GUE Stage Bottle at T1 Level

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My thoughts exactly. Even the extra depth is bizarre (mostly as relates to the extra deco with only the one gas).

The revisions to Tech2 make sense to me. The Tech1 revisions are a bit of a surprise. Stage bottle being a pleasant one, while the 45mins of deco seems really aggressive at this level.

Just curious, is this one of those things that may make more sense in warm water environments, but which you'd want to avoid to the extent possible when diving cold water (at that point you really want to shorten deco as much as possible)?

Just curious, is this one of those things that may make more sense in warm water environments, but which you'd want to avoid to the extent possible when diving cold water (at that point you really want to shorten deco as much as possible)?

Sort of.

You don't have the thermal issue in warmer waters. But Tech1 dives are pretty much done without support. You have enough resources to share, pad the deco and get out. 45mins of deco (extended by 1.5x to 65-70mins) is really pushing the limits of midwater sharing.

Once I exceed 60mins of deco (on deco gas deco, not including deep stops) I am looking to add support gas/divers. This 45min limit has no redundant deco gases, no O2 to help offgas slow tissues and as a Tech1+ dive probably no support.

The UK folks have always been a bit more aggressive than us USA folks when it comes to Tech1 diving. I just don't see the need to exceed 25-30mins of deco at this level. If you want longer shallowish (150ft) dives take Tech2. If you want deeper, again take Tech2. Both of these types of exposures are best handled with 2 deco gases.

I don't understand why anyone would care if "GUE" adds the option or not. Just dive it and who gives a rats a$$ what GUE thinks.

Perhaps because in certain countries, your life insurance wont pay out if you are diving "beyond the limits of your training" which could possibly leave your wife and children fending for themselves if you cark it on a dive you are not certified for.

Nothing important I am sure.

perhaps because in certain countries, your life insurance wont pay out if you are diving "beyond the limits of your training" which could possibly leave your wife and children fending for themselves if you cark it on a dive you are not certified for.

Nothing important i am sure.

lol..

Perhaps because in certain countries, your life insurance wont pay out if you are diving "beyond the limits of your training" which could possibly leave your wife and children fending for themselves if you cark it on a dive you are not certified for.

Nothing important I am sure.

Please god tell me you aren't thinking of breeding?? :confused:

I agree, 45 mins is two bottle territory. I really dont like GUEs approach compared to UTDs approach to bridge the Tech 1 and tech 2 ranges.

I would guess this is one of those things that would be cleared up in the content of the course or by having a current tech1 instructor comment on the rationale...

I posted this to the GUE forum this morning, and given how that just seems like a beehive of activity, we can expect a response any moment...

I would guess this is one of those things that would be cleared up in the content of the course or by having a current tech1 instructor comment on the rationale...

Please god tell me you aren't thinking of breeding?? :confused:

I think Jamie just ran screaming in the opposite direction :)

thankfully I live in a country where it's pretty much impossible for me to get any life ins at a non-astronomic price at this point I think so the whole thing is moot!

Beware the biological clock. She's still young.

I think Jamie just ran screaming in the opposite direction :)

thankfully I live in a country where it's pretty much impossible for me to get any life ins at a non-astronomic price at this point I think so the whole thing is moot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom