GUE - Highest certification level question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just heard back from GUE, and they requested that all my dives be in the "GUE tech fund range", but said that if I don't have enough dives, I could include Trimix level dives if I added a note and included copies of my Trimix card.

Based on my diving for the past two years, the only 100' and under dives on 32% without stages have been fundies related. All my other dives have either undershot the mark (single tank) or overshot (deco, stages, 100'+). I have a couple years to do it, so I should manage the extra recreational dives in doubles before I have to renew.

Tom

Wow you will (barely?) have 25 recreational dives in 3 years?? Historically single tank dives are fine. I don't think you need doubles+32% dives to renew DIRF just because you might have gotten a tech pass in DIRF. For a 100ft dive, single or double tanks would be acceptable. I rarely put gases or tank stuff into my logbook at all.

edit I wouldn't be surprised if they have "new" rules on renewals so its best to talk with Sheila about what you need to send them.

I was under the impression that you needed to provide proof of 25 dives with doubles to renew a DIR-F Tech pass. I'm not sure where I got that idea, though.

Tom

I don't know either, but I really doubt its parsed that fine. Might as well ask HQ though.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom