GUE Crooks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that gives someone the right to hang out a shingle and then abuse their customers?

I don't think so.

I'm fully aware that GUE seems to be somewhat of a, uh, "exploring" organization, and that they, uh, kinda "fund" their exploration activities and such with their commercial stuff.

But the fact remains that once you hang out a shingle and start selling things, you have to keep at it and actually do what you say you're going to do.

Two weeks with nothing but falsehoods (promises of calls back that are not made) is not cool. If they already have this guy's money, IMHO, it borders on criminal conduct, particularly when we're talking about access codes to electronic material (IOW, no excuses can be made about being out of stock, etc)

This sort of thing could very easily destroy their certification issuance plans. It doesn't take very much of this sort of thing to discredit an organization to the point that nobody takes them seriously in the business sense; how many miles of cave you have mapped becomes rather irrelavent when you start talking about taking people's money and providing a product or service.

In the real world, as opposed to someone's fantasy of exploration, customer service is the beginning and the end of the discussion, all rolled into one.

You are correct but this sort of delay is common with all the small non-profit diving orgs. They reley on volunteers who take care of the work load as they get time. Personal come and go and things get better and worse. Printed texts are often out of print for months at a time. It is par for the course and likely always will be.

I'm not sure of the time limit, I believe it's 30 days, within which you must ship the order or offer a complete refund. Applies to anyone doing mail order, telephone sales or on-line. Two weeks, especially at Christmas, is perhaps a little soon to call them crooks, but after 30 days, if they haven't shipped or offered a refund then they quite literally will be, volunteer staff or not.

Calling them crooks is way to harsh. Two weeks.... people just don't have patience any more. I think it took me about two weeks to get my order.

if Lucid gave them the right address to ship them too. Seems he's done it before and caused himself problems. I have had many dealings with GUE and their customer service is well above most !!!! Crooks....naw....based on another thread, IMO Lucid could be the customer from H@@@!!!!!!!!

between not being able to ship something right away (reasonable in many circumstances) and promising someone a call back with status and then not making it.

Whether you're a "customer from hell" or not is irrelavent here.

If you are promised something, then you are. Period, end of discussion, game over.

If this gentleman was promised multiple calls back, as he says he was, and they have not been made then the GUE folks are lying. That's not good.

If they have his money and are lying, then that fits MY definition of "crook".

YMMV.

Genesis once bubbled...
Whether you're a "customer from hell" or not is irrelavent here.

Yea Karl, but anyone that's been here more than a week knows your general feelings about any dive industry business.

I think this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion and you're just trying to vulture the situation to your own aim, which is spreading discord within and about the dive industry.

Lucid will, almost certainly, get his books. A think a couple weeks delay, especially at this time of year, is not so unusual. You, of course, feel that GUE should be sued or disbanded over it. That, also, is not so unusual.

Tom

NetDoc once bubbled...
just as Lucid has the right to accuse, the company also has the right to refute. There have been instances in the past where we have invited companies to participate. Feel free to do the same if you feel they are being maligned!

Yes, you are correct, but the facts were gathered first.

If I said that XYZ dive shop had taken my money and not delivered on their promise and the were crooks and were lying to me. Just because a customer feels that he/she has been wronged does not make it right to allow them to flame a company without the facts in place. In the past we conducted our own investigation into the matter.

IMHO to let him get on the Board flame a company without having the facts is wrong.

We have seen the results of this in the past with people who are, let's just say....... less than credible.

For a company that has a spotless reputation from many satisfied customers, (like them or not) this sounds suspicous to me.

This has nothing to do with the dive industry specifically.

ANY business - ANY - that takes someone's money, sits on it for 2 weeks, refuses to return phone calls or provide status - they deserve what they get in the court of public opinion.

I simply do not care how many OTHER customers you have that you have PREVIOUSLY satisfied.

If you mistreat ONE, you may mistreat ME in the future. Since all I have is past performance to judge future potential upon, you're either on the right or wrong side on this issue when it comes to being a business.

A little leary when someone comes here and starts bashing a company. It is so easy to side with someone when they tell us they have been wronged and we don't take the time or bother to find out the entire story.

If he has truly been wronged then I will be the first to jump on the band wagon, but if he has not or there is some logical explaination then he must take whatever comes his way.

This sort of thing has happend on this Board several times in the past.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom