GUE Crooks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucid

Contributor
Reaction score
GUE needs to take a good look at their customer service and make some serious changes. I ordered books from them 2 weeks ago and have yet to recieve them. I have called numerous times and either left a message or been told I would 'get a call back' and have not heard a thing. The last time I ordered something from them It was the same thing. I had to hound them to get my order. I later found out that the person that handles order was 'out of the country on a diving expidition'. I think its great that we are paying for their dive trips and they can't send out our products that we order.

Thumbs down for this lame company!

everything I ordered I received promptly and I am planning on ordering from them in the future . by the way what did you order?
joens

Ordered four books. 2 in pdf format. Recieved the PDF books a few days after placing the order and it said my books where shipping. Never got them and cant get anyone to help me. Last time I ordered Decoplanner. I had to call them because noone emailed me the link to download it. I don't like buying things from companies that obviously don't give a damn about thier customers. This will probably be the last time I order directly from them. I'll find a 3rd party distributor that has better business practices than GUE.

I am having to resort to flaming them on msg boards hoping that they will attempt to contact me after seeing their name getting trashed.

lucid once bubbled...
GUE needs to take a good look at their customer service and make some serious changes. I ordered books from them 2 weeks ago and have yet to recieve them. I have called numerous times and either left a message or been told I would 'get a call back' and have not heard a thing. The last time I ordered something from them It was the same thing. I had to hound them to get my order. I later found out that the person that handles order was 'out of the country on a diving expidition'. I think its great that we are paying for their dive trips and they can't send out our products that we order.

Maybe they found out about your gear configuration and are punishing you :wink:

Lucid,
I understand your frustation. When "small groups" enjoy too much success too fast, they exhibit symptoms like you're seeing.
They are just over extended and what was originally fun to do between dive trips is now becoming work.
You may try Brownies in Fort Lauderdale or FifthD in Seattle. They have relationships with GUE that could be beneficial to your cause. They are both going concerns that want/need the business.
Good Luck.
Larry

lucid once bubbled...

2 whole weeks?? That's an outrage! :wink:

How did you have them shipped? Don't forgot what time of the year we are in. Shipping can be slow, unless you pay for overnight/2nd day/etc.

You are dealing with a reputable company. They are not a fly-by-night outfit. Yes, they should definitely return your call.... I've had no problem with them personally. To call somebody a crook is pretty harsh. I don't think they cashed your 20.00 check and financed an expedition with it:confused:

Try and call them again. Ask to speak to a manager and explain that you're gettting frustrated.

It does suck to get the run-around, but I highly doubt they are running away with your money.

Obviously your idea of service is much different than mine. Actually in the notes field of the order I put in a FedEx account number and asked them to overnight it to me. I also included my cel number and asked them to contact me if they couldn't over night it. They completely ignored my notes. And if they would simply return an email or phone call I would be ok with the delayed shipping. I was prompt with my part of the transaction. My part was paying them around $80. I expect them to hold up to their side of the deal. But they take my money and refuse to return phone calls etc. As far as I am concerned that is stealing.... And I don't give a damn what time of the year it is. Maybe they shipped it and it was lost. Who knows? Until they decide to be professional and contact me I can't do anything.

I doubt they are running away with my money but I am running out of patience. And like I said earlier, this is the second time I have had to raise hell to get what I ordered.

O-ring once bubbled...

Maybe they found out about your gear configuration and are punishing you :wink:

that or for cancelling out on the DIRF class with a day's notice...........

You are the only one I have ever heard of, having this or any problem with them.

ID

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom