GRRR! Let's outlaw fireworks...!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You need to change that at the ballot box.

I don't need to do that - I'm not the one asking that illegal fireworks be made illegal. :D

---------- Post added July 8th, 2013 at 07:07 PM ----------

I can't understand why they're legal in AZ with all the fire problems we have. One day somebody's going to burn the whole state down with them.

The Forest Service tried to burn down New Mexico a few years ago. No fireworks required. Cerro Grande Fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

plenty of people shoot off the guns down in south florida as well.. can't do too much about the fireworks unless they are still setting them off after 11pm -- then can call the police - noise ordinance :)
it's the idiots on the the motorcycles that are irritating me.. doing 80+ mph down a residential street that has children on it... not good.

when i was under 18 oh so many years ago - we liked to set off those old m-80s in the back yard - hot loaded. and also made our own from scratch on occasion. although i think for those we used model rocket ignitors for a little bit of safety.

Unfortunately some people are just jerks and there is little law enforcement will do. If you don't want to make it personal just keep logs of his disturbances and at some point you will have enough info that something can be done. I had a neighbour that enjoyed loud parties during the week. Of course by-law could do little about it unless several complaints had been lodged. This can sometimes drag things out longer than you want. My solution in that particular instance was to simply ring his door bell at 6am until he answered the door and I would explain how his shenanigans weren't appreciated. I kid you not, I stood there for 15 min ringing the bell, ding-dong-ding-dong over and over again. He really didn't like getting up that early so we came to an agreement.
For those people who can't be reasoned with there is always skunk oil.. Available at any hunting shop. Send a little glass vial over to his yard via sling shot and he will not go outside again for a good week.
If that doesn't work then put it in the vents of his car, cant' get it out and insurance is unlikely to cover it. Make the frigger have to keep buying cars till he's bankrupt and can no longer afford the mortgage, problem solved :wink:

To unlicensed citizens that is. They are not legal inside town but people shoot them off, scaring pets, causing fires, and just being rude at late hours.

Great for shows by licensed professionals, but not for juveniles of any age. :mad:

Well, I have to live with these neighbors - so outlawing the source if more appealing and filing on the abuser. Neither will happen, tho.

Unfortunately some people are just jerks and there is little law enforcement will do. If you don't want to make it personal just keep logs of his disturbances and at some point you will have enough info that something can be done. I had a neighbour that enjoyed loud parties during the week. Of course by-law could do little about it unless several complaints had been lodged. This can sometimes drag things out longer than you want. My solution in that particular instance was to simply ring his door bell at 6am until he answered the door and I would explain how his shenanigans weren't appreciated. I kid you not, I stood there for 15 min ringing the bell, ding-dong-ding-dong over and over again. He really didn't like getting up that early so we came to an agreement.
For those people who can't be reasoned with there is always skunk oil.. Available at any hunting shop. Send a little glass vial over to his yard via sling shot and he will not go outside again for a good week.
If that doesn't work then put it in the vents of his car, cant' get it out and insurance is unlikely to cover it. Make the frigger have to keep buying cars till he's bankrupt and can no longer afford the mortgage, problem solved :wink:

I bet it felt good to get even by ringing his doorbell at 6am, but these are the types of actions that can escalate a situation.

And I really don't want to track down the kids doing it, make sure I got the right house, then walk over there at 6am myself either - aside from the war risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom