Grolsch or Heineken?

Which is your favorite?

• Grolsch

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Heineken

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
lol

it's the one-pint mini kegs ... i like them for some reason

You probably have an "Easy Bake Oven" too. Watch out for the light bulbs.

evad:
You probably have an "Easy Bake Oven" too. Watch out for the light bulbs.

this is no doubt a sly, subtle putdown, meant to wound my ego with shame

... but i don't get it

:blinking:

Here on Vancouver island we have a lot of micro breweries and brew pubs that produce absolutely amazing beers but since the 2 in question are imports here, I will give My top 5 imports at this time
1 Schneider weisse heffe-weizenbier Germany
2 Pilsner urquell Czech republic
3 Smithwicks ale Ireland
4 Perroni nastro azzurro Italy
5 Chimay blue Belgium

And My fav local beer right now is Phillips Oatmeal stout (stick to yer ribs like gramma usta make) from Esquimalt B.C.

I hate going to the liquor store and having to order from the book cause I've had all the others! :D
Cheers and bottoms up!

Oh my god... grolsch and heineken.. yuk dudes, we Belgians wouldn't give that to our pets!! Goju here has already some taste, Chimay is pretty good :wink: But you should all try REAL beers from Belgium.. things like Duvel, Leffe, Chimay, Westmalle, Westvleteren, Rochefort, Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet... or if you really must have those soft beers, Stella Artois! Those will put some hair on your behinds!

cheers

NiNbubble:
you should all try REAL beers from Belgium.. things like Duvel, Leffe, Chimay, Westmalle, Westvleteren, Rochefort, Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet... or if you really must have those soft beers, Stella Artois! Those will put some hair on your behinds!

i like Stella ... but dude, give me a break, i live in Jacksonville, Florida ... ain't no way I can get my hands on all those other beers to even try them out

grolsch and heineken.. yuk dudes, we Belgians wouldn't give that to our pets!!

what, you save them for your girlfriends?

:wink:

The Trappist Monks are my friends.

Dang! A beer thread that I'm too late for. Oh well. :cheers: I vote for Heineken... more bitter. Although, any self respecting beer drinker will prefer to drink it from a glass, the stupid lid on the Grolsch bottles are annoying. Anyway, isn't "grolsch" the sound you make when vomiting?

do it easy:
I just finished a bottle of Burning River pale ale from the Great Lakes Brewing company! (but I voted for Grolsch) :wink:

Man, I miss Great Lakes Brewing Company and their Dortmunder ever since moving from Cleveland. Try it if you get at chance. But Burning River is awesome too.

TSandM:
Now, why anybody would voluntarily drink Guiness is something that has always amazed me. Chew quinine tablets if you want something that bitter! :)

WHAT?!?! Guinness is far from bitter... it's malty fo show and I enjoy one only on Tap every now and again but prefer a hopier brew. The more bitter the mo betta. YMMV On the topic of bitter brews, Hop Sun by Southern Tier Brewing in NY is great as well as Hop Devil by Victory Brewing in PA.

Steve Egner:
My house beer cycles between Mirror Pond and Sierra Nevada Pale Ales.
Steve

Now we're talking.... Sierra Nevada IPA is awesome... My long time running house beer.

Not much love here for the Cervezas huh? My other house beer is DosXX both the lager and amber but both are second to none on tap. I suppose like Guinness being better in Ireland and New Castle better in England, the same is true about Corona especially on tap. I like a cold Negra Modelo also.

I tend to prefer regional or local breweries. Having been to micro breweries all over the country, for me, if you've been to one, you've been to them all. Not much in the way of uniqueness albeit, I'll settle for one of their brews long before settling for a national brand. I love that some regional brews are getting better distribution such as Abita, Shiner and New Belgium. It's a lot like what Sam Adams did when they busted onto the national distribution scene 20 years ago. Good thing for them, they've managed to keep the product delicious despite their growth. And when it comes right down to it and there's only the big three (Budweiser, Miller and Coors) on tap, it is, always and forever, only be a Bud for me. The other two taste like garbage.

My .02.

My House Brews:
Sierra Nevada IPA
DosXX both Amber & Lager
Sam Adams Boston Lager and or Light
Bud Light - for my neighbors- I ain't giving them the good stuff!

Other and Regional brews including but not limited to:
Abita Turbo Dog
New Belgium 1554
Shiner Bock
Victory Hop Devil
Negra Modelo
Corona Light
St. Arnolds Elissa IPA
New Castle
Southern Tier Hop Sun - not avail in TX :(
Great Lakes Brewing Burning River IPA, Dortmunder, Nosferatu, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter or Christmas Ale Unfortunately, these aren't distributed way down here to Texas.

Drinking Dutch beer is like solo diving on a single tank filled with nitrogen...you're bound to get a headache :D

GoJu:
4 Perroni nastro azzurro Italy

Had a couple of those last week and they were quite good.
Speaking of micro brews Tommy Bahamas has a couple nice ones in Palm Springs. Two more down, countless others to seek out and rent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom