Grolsch or Heineken?

Which is your favorite?

• Grolsch

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Heineken

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also voted for Grolsch, but only because the hinged lid is cooler than Heineken. I don't particularly care for either... they're both rather too much like sex in a canoe for my taste. (f'n close to water)

Give me a good pale ale any day. Lately, I've been enjoying Endurance.

Guinness isn't nearly as bitter as quinine.... Now if it had the same properties, I would have been far happier with my 6 month stay in Thailand.... Besides Lynne, I am German and we are typically bitter folk so it takes more to set us off.

TSandM:
I don't think I've ever had Guinness on top, because I had it out of a bottle and that was enough. And I wouldn't characterize it as a beer to have a conversation over, because a couple of sips of it, and my mouth is all squeezed together and incapable of speech.

Oops, shouldn't have written that. I can see my husband forcing Guinness down me every night . . .

TSandM:
I don't think I've ever had Guinness on top, because I had it out of a bottle and that was enough. And I wouldn't characterize it as a beer to have a conversation over, because a couple of sips of it, and my mouth is all squeezed together and incapable of speech.

Oops, shouldn't have written that. I can see my husband forcing Guinness down me every night . . .

What you had was the stout from a little stubby bottle right? Not the 'rocket bottle' version. The stout is something else... that was actually created as the export model, if you will, when shipping honest to goodness Guinness was a joke about keeping fresh during its long trek from Ireland to anywhere else in the world.

Well, even with my ethnic heritage (and with a name like Flaherty, it's pretty clear what that is), I can leave the Guinness.

Give me Fat Tire Belgian Ale. The first time I ever drank beer and really LIKED it was in Bastogne. Then I came home and found out that you could buy the same kind of beer here, but it's about $7 a BOTTLE (I don't like beer that much). When the folks in Colorado came out with the Fat Tire line, I had my "house beer".

I've tried both when making my world infamous beer milkshakes, and think Heineken produces the better result. I rarely drink beer straight.

Nice job Andrew, been awhile since we had a good beer thread.

Count in the non-motor oil drinking group. Guinness has that effect on people. Love it or hate it ... seems to be no middle ground for most.

Between the Heiny & Grolsch i pick Grolsch in a pinch but i'm more of a Pilsner Urquell type myself. Better yet, the adventure that is tasting Micro brew is what i prefer now. So many Micro brews, so little time. If you haven't done much of it do yourself a flavor and test some Micro brew ....there is some really good stuff out there. The people brewing it are usually very passionate about their beer.

I am not a fan of either, but voted for Grolsch.
I am a fan of most of the Avery brewrey products, Out of Bounds Stout is my favorite. The owner is a friend and belongs to a rural internet cooperative I run.

Hey don't keep dumping on Guinness. From what I understand it's the third most popular beer in Ireland. From what I heard on the news last year on St. Patrick's Day is that Heineken is the second most popular. :11: And the number 1 beer in Ireland? Budweiser :confused: Hard to believe. I hope it isn't true.

Bethjd:
Hey don't keep dumping on Guinness. From what I understand it's the third most popular beer in Ireland. From what I heard on the news last year on St. Patrick's Day is that Heineken is the second most popular. :11: And the number 1 beer in Ireland? Budweiser :confused: Hard to believe. I hope it isn't true.

I doubt very seriously if it's true.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom