Greetings From Tasmania!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassi Devil Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello!!
I have been lurking around this board for some time so thought I had better say Hi. I do most of my diving in Tasmania a temperate diving Paradise. Where is Tasmanian I here some of you ask? Tasmania is the island state off south eastern Australia. I look forward to participating in many discussions on this board, and maybe meeting the odd member who chooses to take the plunge down my way.

I enjoy deep reef and wreck diving having completed my SSI decompression course early in 2006, so I can extend bottom times in the 30-50m range, allowing me to better explore some of our temperate deep reefs.

Cheers
Devil Diver

Gidday Devil Diver
Welcome to scubaboard. There are people here with every imaginable diving interest so I am sure you will find it an interesting place to spend surface time.
Alison

Welcome to :sblogo: and :newyear:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome as a participating member of SB!

Do you do any kelp forest diving down under?

drbill:
Welcome as a participating member of SB!

Do you do any kelp forest diving down under?

Yes, do plenty of kelp forest dives, they are one of my favorite dives, the kelp has only just come back around the SE of Tassie, after being hammered by some big storms a few years ago.

Cheers
Devil Diver

smilies-41093.png

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Threads & Replies without reading the Stickies at the tops of most forums. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Hello
Can you give some information on diving the SS Nord, when is the best time and who does charters out to it.

Cheers
Chriso

Sydney_Diver:
Hello
Can you give some information on diving the SS Nord, when is the best time and who does charters out to it.

Hi Chriso, the best time dive the Nord would be from April - September, at this time vis is usually at it's best with around 30+ meters though the water is cooler always a bit of a trade off here in Tassie, though vis has been good this summer around 20-30m on the Tasman Peninsular. It really is a fantastic dive in good vis, Our dive club dives it on a regular basis through this time, as for a commercial operator I would recommends the Eagle Hawk dive centre have a look at: http://www.eaglehawkdive.com.au/WreckoftheSSNord.htm,

Cheers
Devil Diver

Another Happy New Year & Welcome to ScubaBoard!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom