Greetings from Mongolia... (testing)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in2deep

Registered
Reaction score
G'day there all -

Just a quick post to test things out. Certainly looks like a great forum: is this the largest scuba chat/forum around?

Where I am at the moment is not exactly known for its great diving.. I work out in the Gobi desert as a geologist and try to fit in as much diving as possible on my breaks. I am sure this forum will help me plan these trips - its already helped me plan my next trip to Thailand...

Cheers, and safe diving,
Rohan.

Your test worked fine.
Welcome to scuba board.
I'm not sure if we're the biggest.. but I know we are the best.
Enjoy!

Welcome!!
I'm sure you'll like this board :)

btw, how's diving in Mongolia??

khel

Hi there Khel -

I am already starting to like this board - I spent all of last night night on it reading up on various topics close to my heart... :)

Theres not a lot of diving potential up here (we're 1000-2000 km+ from the sea) - but there are a few large lakes up north. Trouble is they rarely get above 5C - bit too chilly, even for a tasmanian :). Still, I'd dive there, or anywhere, to get my fix - if only I could get a tank and refills (theres no dive shoips in the country, funnily enough..). Guess I just have to go cold turkey for my 6 week stints up here.

BTW: does anyone know how I get a picture under my name in the left hand column?

Cheers,
Rohan

in2deep once bubbled...
Hi there Khel -

(theres no dive shoips in the country, funnily enough..). Guess I just have to go cold turkey for my 6 week stints up here.

BTW: does anyone know how I get a picture under my name in the left hand column?

Cheers,
Rohan

No dive shops:eek: :eek: :eek:
Man, that's tough :eek:

p.s. as far as I remember, after 40 posts, you can choose an avatar

khel

Greetings and welcome to Scubaboard!!!

in2deep once bubbled...
G'day there all -

Just a quick post to test things out. Certainly looks like a great forum: is this the largest scuba chat/forum around?

Where I am at the moment is not exactly known for its great diving.. I work out in the Gobi desert as a geologist and try to fit in as much diving as possible on my breaks. I am sure this forum will help me plan these trips - its already helped me plan my next trip to Thailand...

Cheers, and safe diving,
Rohan.

Welcome in2deep. What an adventurous live you have, traveling the desert plains of Mongolia.

Hi there - and thanks for all the welcomes: the board really does seem to have a sence of community about it....

After 6 weeks of sand, wind and cold (it can get down to -40 C during winter, and its sitting just above 0 at the moment) I cant describe how much I look forward to going somewhere warm, slinging my gear onto a live aboard, and getting a drink into my hands - its what life is all about [I'm not allowed to drink up here, or take days off :( ] - If it wasn't for the incentive of taking a diving holiday somewhere on my breaks I'm sure I would of gone crazy up here long ago.

Of course a country without a dive shop begs the question: what else could people spend their money on? Its a foreign idea I know, but I'll investigate further...

Cheers,
Rohan.

Sorry to hear u can't dive for now. But don't be sad, think of all the good dives you'll be doing once you're done up there. Instead, savor the beauty and the culture of the country u have the chance to be visiting.It's a wonderful opportunity.
May the diving force be with you.

Back
Top Bottom