Greetings and Advice Sought

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hildog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Fellow Divers!

My husband and I ventured under water 2 years ago at Barefoot Cay in Roatan and we have been dying to get back in the sea ever since. We have time coming up in January and are looking for a similar experience: easy access to the dive shop, great instructors, laid back vibe, friendly fellow-divers who love to share stories about all the other places they have been and what they have seen, liked, etc. so we can learn more and stock up on great ideas for future trips. We hail from California so something not too far away (i.e., not the Red Sea or Indonesia this time around). My preliminary research led me to Turks and Caicos where I found the Caicos Adventures dive shop but I am having trouble finding a good place to stay. Any advice re: a hotel or B&B in Provo or a different location altogether would be welcome with open arms. Looking forward to my next dive.... -Hilary

Hildog:

In 2008 we went to Provo (Turks & Caicos) and stayed at
"Royal West Indies Resort" and really enjoyed it! Each unit
has it's own kitchen, so that helps keep food cost down.
It sits right on Grace Bay, wonderful beach, great people.
If you want to eat out, nice food near by and, of course,
shopping.

I dove with "Caicos Adventures" and "Provo Turtle Divers".
Both nice operations, but I like "Adventures" best of the two.

Enjoy your vacation, what ever you do.

This is very helpful and appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom