Greenprene wet suit by Henderson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you please comment on the Henderson greenprene wet suits. They are made from recycles water bottles which makes me leery regarding wear and comfort and longevity.

Thanks.

Greenprene® is formulated from deproteinized natural insulating foam along with other natural additives such as sugar cane, plant oils and oyster shells.

The liner and exterior are bottles.

Agree as far as a standard front zip. But the one I linked to has a zip that goes completely through the suit. Put one leg through (or start the zipper a couple of inches and put both through) and then it's like putting on and zipping up a coat. No contortion required. It's also very easy to peel off once you unzip it, although if both shoulders are bad, you may need someone to help you for a few seconds.

I have one. It really works.
Can you tell me the make and model of the suit you mentioned please. Thanks

Can you tell me the make and model of the suit you mentioned please. Thanks
Sure, it's the Henderson Thermoprene Mens Front Zip Jacket. I provided the link to the manufacturer's site in my original post: Thermoprene® Men’s Front Zip Jacket • Henderson Aquatics . Mine came from Leisurepro, where it's currently $128 in 3mm, $163 in 5mm and $192 in 7mm: henderson thermoprene mens front zip jacket buy at LeisurePro

They are made from recycles water bottles which makes me leery regarding wear and comfort and longevity.

formulated from deproteinized natural insulating foam along with other natural additives such as sugar cane, plant oils and oyster shells.
Hmm... I wouldn't have thought to be leery; I am just attracted to recycled materials in principle. I am glad this thread was posted, so that I know about a greener alternative for wetsuits.

I’m trying to find a comparison chart of every Henderson suit to compare stretchiness and warmth vs price. Don’t see it in their site. Doens anyone have that?

I’m trying to find a comparison chart of every Henderson suit to compare stretchiness and warmth vs price. Don’t see it in their site. Doens anyone have that?
Apart from objective measures of thickness, warmth may be hard to gauge. How much warmth is added by, say, the Aqualock system of wrist and ankle seals is maybe not something everyone can agree on, and may even differ for an individual depending on the kind of diving they're doing (e.g. single short dives in cold water vs. longer repetitive dives in warmer water.)

As I wrote earlier in the thread, I did a little less than 100 dives in my first wetsuit, a Henderson Thermaxx 7mm, before it started pulling apart at the small of my back. The company gave me a credit, which I used to buy a 7mm Greenprene suit. I found the Greenprene to be equal (or perhaps slightly better--hard to compare a brand-new suit to one with 100 dives and a hole in it) in warmth and stretchiness. I am now coming up on 100 dives in the new suit, and it's holding up well, so it seems it's also equal or better in terms of durability. So from my perspective it's the same suit when you're diving it; just costs more and is more eco-friendly.

If you're concerned about stretchiness, I found both my Henderson suits to be very easy to don and doff, and very comfortable and flexible in the water. If you're looking for warmth, go thicker; again, these are 7mm suits I'm slipping in and out of without breaking my nails. But also pay attention to fit; a leaky suit is much less effective. And you can often add a lot of warmth with a hood without spending too much money.

Thanks. I’m in so cal where PAC ocean is very cold at depth and slightly warmer in aug and sept. Many use dry suits year round which is a separate convo. I’ve found that a new 7 MM one pc plus 5 mm hooded vest keeps me warm. Then once it ages the warmth is gone . The premium one pc Wetwear (claimed less compressible neoprene) brand custom and Hederson and two piece JMJ brand custom are around $600-700. I’ll ask Henderson if they have a ranking chart of low to high durability and compressibility. I’ve only been able to participate in one exposure suit in water borrowing demo. It was a DUI drysuit demo in a diving school training tank.

Can you please comment on the Henderson greenprene wet suits. They are made from recycles water bottles which makes me leery regarding wear and comfort and longevity.

I am looking for a very easy to put on wetsuit due to bad shoulders. Can any one recommend one?
Thanks.
Does anyone have a wetsuit using Taiwan SS1 neoprene?

I just got a 7mm 1 piece Greenpreen in. My other suits are Deep 6 7mm, Harvy 7mm farner john, and neo sport 7mm farmer john.

1st impression is that nothing compares to the deep 6. The pockets, the ankle and cuff seals.. nothing remotely comes close. Why oh why did they discontinue that line.

The Greenpreene to me feels like any other suit. Maybe it'll be totally different in the water, but 1st impression is it's a wetsuit. The knee pads feel above average, but outside of that it looks like a suit.

I'm not saying it's a bad suit, I'm just saying it didn't "wow" me. Again.. just 1st impression out of the box.. has not been wet yet.

I am looking for a very easy to put on wetsuit due to bad shoulders. Can any one recommend one?
Thanks.
I have had a Greenprene for about a year and a half. It’s a great wetsuit: easy to get on and off, warm, rugged, looks good. I guess I have ~50 dives on it (I mostly dive dry) but it looks brand new. Very happy with it and recommend it wholeheartedly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom