Greenforce HID tech lights...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mart1:
Greenforce lights belong in the garbage, same as self-inflaton markers. Not suitable for serious diving.

PADI Course Director
DSAT Tec Deep & Tec Trimix Instructor Trainer
IANTD Technical Cave Instructor

LOL!!

This coming from a someone who's agencies espouse the use of deep air. What a joke. Greenforce lights work fine for serious diving. Tell us about the cave diving in Holland, sunshine. Because they seem to work just fine for caves in Florida, Mexico, the mines in eastern Europe, and other countries.

PerroneFord:
It's a well built product, works as advertised, and stands up to abuse. My only complaint has been with the handle .... snipped

A bunch of the guys on the boat yesterdayhad them... looked pretty nice exept for the good man handle. Good thing they can stand a good drop... as one of the guys was gearing up the lighthead popped out and onto the deck... still worked but that snap into soft goodman is a pain....

Ben_ca:
A bunch of the guys on the boat yesterdayhad them... looked pretty nice exept for the good man handle. Good thing they can stand a good drop... as one of the guys was gearing up the lighthead popped out and onto the deck... still worked but that snap into soft goodman is a pain....

There are 3 handles for the thing. The pop-in handle is what I have on the light now. And yes, they can pop out. I tend to keep my lighthead clipped off when I am getting prepped. I don't have problems that way. But the handle I was complaining of is the screw-in handle. It puts the lighthead WAY above your hand. It works, but is not ideal. Since I use the lighthead on my left hand, the elastic handles that GreenForce and Dive Rite sell, are a PITA for me. I used the DR yesterday and eventually, I got tired of passing the light over to my right hand to deal with buoyancy, so I just stopped doing it. We were in open water anyway, and I was last man, so I didn't worry about it. If I was leading or middle, I would have excercised better light control. Yea I know that's sloppy, but it is what it is.

mart1:
Greenforce lights belong in the garbage, ..... Not suitable for serious diving.
Do you have any reasoning for these strong opinions or is it just cause they don't look as cool as the black ones you and your buddies use?

mart1:
Greenforce lights belong in the garbage, same as self-inflaton markers. Not suitable for serious diving.

You're just jelous because they're belgian.

I use a flexii II/ HID 50 Pro and love it dearly. Slices through the murk like it should, the color warmth is great, very few potential failure points (e.x. the battery is sealed, so instead of having potential leaking points at the umbilical, switch, and lid to the can the only potential leaking point there is the umbilical) and it looks the dogs balls. Their goodman handles seem a a little stupid through, I solved that problem by not buying on (expensive) and isead attaching the light head end og the umbilical to a small bit of slate which i keep on my hand via surgical tubing, doesn't look nice but it works great.

I have the flexi 11 w/ hid100 compact and soft handle w/ hard mount....I love it! Great penetration in caves and wrecks,good price, and the sealed battery gives me good piece of mind as the only failure point is the umbilical connections which are triple o ring seals on both ends! Price was decent too at between 7 and 8 hundred if I remember correctly.

HID heads are good i'd just recommend an adjustable focus head, its nice to get a great wide beam in clear clear water. The bulbs are fragile and expensive, and you dont get a great burn time. I played with a few greenforce at DEMA last year and they are stout, very solid, metal encased. I am a fan of the goodman handle for using my hands. Honestly I was most impressed with their LED products I swear they look just as bright. Plus the bulbs last a lot lot longer, ridiculously better burn times. As for a self inflating surface marker I can't think of anything other than a lift bag with a little tank strapped to it (Sub Salve USA, Carter Lift Bags)========>Chaim Beaumont<========

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom