Greenforce HID tech lights...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveCoolidge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm considering picking up an FII with the Impact 21 watt head. I was just wondering if any of you have had any experience with greenforce products.

Additionally for you Americans, I'm having a lot of trouble finding a self inflating surface marker buoy, any suggestions where I can find one of these?

Can't help you on the self inflating buoy. Sounds scary. As to the Greenforce, I use them regularly and like them very much. I usually use the FII with the 10wHID head. I've used the LED head as well. I have not used the 21w head as with the FII the burn time is rather short.

It's a well built product, works as advertised, and stands up to abuse. My only complaint has been with the handle and I've already spoken to the company owner about it on numerous occasions. They now offer something I think is reasonable, but I haven't ordered it yet.

mmm Yeah I think I'll just see if I can pick one up in Aus and if not just bite the bullet and get a manually inflating SMB. Just hoping to get cheap gear in the US but they don't seem to use the self in flating SMB's. Thanks for the replies.

as for the SMB check with APD
i think they have what your looking for

Very impressed with mine. . . Flexi II with the HID 50 Pro head. The beam spread is a little on the tight side, but great light color and penetration. The green umbilical is "da bomb".

Would a pelican float work for you instead of an inflating SMB? It is a round yellow float with a lead weight attached ot the bottom that makes in neutral until you release the weight. It works pretty good.

I am a fan of Salvo lights but the Greenforce seems pretty good too.

Brent

DiveCoolidge:
I'm considering picking up an FII with the Impact 21 watt head. I was just wondering if any of you have had any experience with greenforce products.

Additionally for you Americans, I'm having a lot of trouble finding a self inflating surface marker buoy, any suggestions where I can find one of these?
Greenforce lights belong in the garbage, same as self-inflaton markers. Not suitable for serious diving.

Back
Top Bottom