Green woman in your ads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ads must be working, everywhere is out of stock.

@Shearwater any idea when the Australian distributor will have more stock?

Good luck, I actually just got one and had to order it right from BC, Canada and had a friend bring it to me. It is litteraly only 18 days old, Date on the box is 2018-07-18.

Best bet is to keep checking with The Scuba Doctor in Melbourne, or Adelaide Scuba in SA (ask for John he is a seasoned TDI instructor) they dont advertise as a Sherwater dealer but they are and usually have several Shearwater computers in stock but also sell alot of them. I picked up two Perdix's from him a while back for a very good price.

I saw that too and was baffled but chose not to explore. I supposed that maybe she was supposed to feel like a fish because she felt so natural in the water with the advertised products.

I was at a trade show in Anaheim (natural foods industry) and this company had a very SCARY looking green woman in a white dress draped with vines and mosss and such, robotically (like an animated mannequin) handing cut roses to passing attendees. I don’t know WHAT some marketing teams are thinking. A few people brought children with them- I hate to imagine the nightmares they had to deal with after that!

Green women are hot. Ask Captain Kirk!
But then, racists got as mad at that as they did when he kissed Uhura.
I thought the ad was great.
Given the new Aquaman movie coming out, she reminded me of an Atlantean.
Don't like the ads? Don't dwell on them.
Skin color prejudice is learned. Not inherent in humans.

I don't think that any of us are getting too "het up" about the ad. We are all just divers who read the same magazine and found it odd/humorous. I for one have enjoyed reading all of these posts about the "green woman"! (But yes, I'd MUCH rather be DIVING!)

Back
Top Bottom