Green Force

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Is it possible I have read that they finally came out with a focusable hid head for their dive lights. I checked there website but nothing is sticking out on this, and I can;t remember where I read this tid bit of information.

WOuld greatly appreciate any info you guys/gals have on this, have been very interested in purchasing one of there lights but have been holding bacl due to the non focusable ligth heads.

Thanks

Steve

aaen:
Is it possible I have read that they finally came out with a focusable hid head for their dive lights. I checked there website but nothing is sticking out on this, and I can;t remember where I read this tid bit of information.

WOuld greatly appreciate any info you guys/gals have on this, have been very interested in purchasing one of there lights but have been holding bacl due to the non focusable ligth heads.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes we do have a 10 watt focussable HID out, it is available. the focus range is 6 to 15 degrees. We have not put it up on our site yet, thanks for reminding me:D

Any questions let me know

Thanks - Greg

Greg,

this is great news, any idea what the cost of the light head is going to be, and also how does it do the focusing? I would presume that since green force seems to stray away from switches it is twist action like a mag-lite. Anyways my next question is also this will there be a 21watt or something in that range in the near future.

Steve

aaen:
Greg,

this is great news, any idea what the cost of the light head is going to be, and also how does it do the focusing? I would presume that since green force seems to stray away from switches it is twist action like a mag-lite. Anyways my next question is also this will there be a 21watt or something in that range in the near future.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thest cost for the 10F (focusable) is $439.00. The focus is twist, as far as a 21 HID, I don't think anytime soon.

Thanks - Greg

I have one, its sweet.

Interesting, Otter how does it compare to say salvo or halcyon out of curiosity.

Steve

I can speak to the Halcyon, I like the three O-ring set up of the green light system. I'm known as the "flood department" in my shop... that being said, I have not flooded the green light. My Halcyon HID is a good light, but that single O-ring on the can light and the light head makes me to a double or triple check. It's very durable. I had a problem with my original battery when I first got it and green light took care of it right away. Good customer service deserves a kudo.

That is good to know, I am big on customer service. I also have read that their lights are virtually indestructable, My dive buddies want me to get a halcyon or a salvo so that we can have the same gear but I am seriously debating buying this light, is there any reason why i shouldn't?

Steve

aaen:
Interesting, Otter how does it compare to say salvo or halcyon out of curiosity.

Steve

This is my first canister light, so I can't compare. My buddy got a GF light about 2 years ago and beats the heck out of his. So far no problems -- although I think he did have to switch a bulb -- but I am not sure why.

I have had mine for about a month and only about 4 dives :( . I noticed that the charger gets very hot, which surprised me, but still seemed to work (and the battery was only warm). Last night I checked on the charger and ALL of the lights were out. It was a warm day and I am hoping that a thermocouple just let go and then when I plug it in tonight it will start charging again....otherwise, I may be testing the world famous Manta customer service.

I like their low profile Goodman handle, which seems to have addressed the concerns others had with the 'larger' handle.

Back
Top Bottom