Green Force battery help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAJeff750

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I came across a Green Force light. So far everything test good with bulb and umbilical, battery batteries are done, won't charge. I have pics, but I can't find where to get replacement or upgrade. The holder is not hybrid, so I do not have the option of the insert that holds just AA batteries. The red wire insulation was shredded, so I just cut wires loose, I will reconnect to the cap to put it back together. Any ideas? Pics included.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 28
Cool. I have one close, I will check in with them.

I went to Batteries plus today and was quoted $250 to build a battery. Yowza. I don’t even know if the bulb is good. I have tried to examine the filament and it looks fine. I want to resurrect this if all I need to do is a battery for reasonable money. If I have to chase on a bulb or buy a new light head, it is definitely not worth it. I tried testing simple continuity of the bulb, and it is weirdly not definitive one way or the other. I don’t know if there is some hidden circuitry in between that is throwing it off. I got this light in a box of other stuff that I bought, I just thought it would be cool to bring it back to life.

Adj Power supply will help test the light.

These kinda projects are probably not worth doing unless you like building you own stuff. Like battery packs.

Screenshot_20240909-002405_AliExpress.jpg

Get something like this and some heat shrink. Or even tape. And make your own pack. Just a bit of soldering...

C$12.95 | 7.2v Battery For RC Cars Robot Tanks Gun Boats Toys Battery Accessories 7.2v 3000mAh AA Rechargeable NiMH Battery + 7.2v Charger
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
C$17.66 | 8PC PKCELL AAA Battery 1.2V NiMH AAA Rechargeable Batteries 1000mah aaa Clock Toys mouse battery And 2PC AAA/AA Battery Holder

With HID, can I put 12v to it from a motorcycle battery to test the light/ballast? Basically the motorcycle battery would take the place of the battery pack.

I replied on the "A question for Europeans about EU light brands" thread, but I dunno if you saw it, so I'll repost here:

That battery pack looks almost identical to the one I just ordered from BatterySpace.com:

www.batteryspace.com

NiMH Battery Pack: 12V 4500mAh (54Wh) for Diving light

www.batteryspace.com
I did see that one. If I can confirm that the bulb/ballast are good, I will grab this battery. If the ball or the ballast are no good, this is not worth putting more money too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom