Greatest technological advancement ever!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some really great photos and great stories. Thanks for all your posts!

Back to the Original Post

The Ops Force Fin in the waters off of Savusavu Fiji.
blades1.jpg

Photo by Bob Evans

are those still being tested?
bob said he was just going over some final things for the blade and thats it.
does this mean well get to see a release date soon ?

Ickis,
The above photo is from testing back in the late 90's. I do not know when the the fins will be on the market, but it will be worth the wait, that is all I can say.
With the Launch Pad foot pocket you will have many blade options. Below is the Launch pad with the Crown Force Blades attached.
crownblades_.jpg

Different from the OPS blade, but with the Launch pad foot pocket it still gives the diver the option of "switching gears" and adjusting the blade by rotating the outer edge above or below the water to match the changing conditions or dive objective.

what can i say blair, i can hardly wait...
whats the concept for the crown blade (besides looking really cool) ? how did you reach that specific design?
i first need to get my excellerators, but after that ill turn my attention to the launch pad.
im planning on making a video demo of force fins because there arent many of them out there and i bet itll get people more into it.
i have a friend whos an underwater photographer so i wanna take him freediving with me after i get the excellerators and make a good video testimonial.

Another smart design from Bob Evans is the Split Foil Force Fin with the launch pad foot pocket. This fin model is one of Bob's favorites. It has enough power to push the big guy and the diver has the ability to change the pitch of blades to meet the environmental and personal physical changes that one might encounter.
splitops_fiji_be.jpg

Photo by Bob Evans.

Another smart design from Bob Evans is the Split Foil Force Fin with the launch pad foot pocket. This fin model is one of Bob's favorites. It has enough power to push the big guy and the diver has the ability to change the pitch of blades to meet the environmental and personal physical changes that one might encounter.
splitops_fiji_be.jpg

Photo by Bob Evans.

Interesting stuff; thanks.

i saw them work back at the history of force fins video and they seemed to do the work pretty good.
i guess theyll be released along with the rest of the launch pad line of fins right ?

Ickis, I sure enjoy using the Foils for warm water diving. My Friend Gala Mead captured some great footage in Fuji, which you saw part of in the History video. Plan to show more clear video on the OPS. As stated I created over 10 hot fin blades for OPS. Now it's time to bring this fin out of the hanger. I will say it's easier to adjust blade performance than pulling on some rubber bands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom