Greatest movies of all time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antonia's Line, Good Will Hunting, Unforgiven, Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil, Ronin, Blue Velvet (weird but good). Had to dig to find some, you guys are good...

Anybody grabbed these yet?- French Connection, Saving Pvt Ryan, King Of Hearts

good- The Big Blue (Le Grand Bleu), Picnic at Hanging Rock

Wilson:
Antonia's Line, Good Will Hunting, Unforgiven, Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil, Ronin, Blue Velvet (weird but good). Had to dig to find some, you guys are good...

Blue Velvet is definitely creepy. I'm a big Lynch fan (I watched all of Twin Peaks, even after it "jumped the shark" so to speak). If you haven't yet, check out Eraserhead (you haven't seen weird until you see that)...now available on DVD.

It was not an earth shattering, Oscar winning movie, but I think my favorite of all time, that applies to me, is "American Graffitti".

The movie so eloquently sums up life, as I knew it, while growing up in a small town.

It was as if Norman Rockwell had painted on a celluloid canvas.

the K

'Eraserhead'... an 80's classic. I also like 'City of Lost Children', 'Brazil', and 'Run Lola, Run'
'Bladerunner' is a favorite, along with 'Resevoir Dogs', 'Ran', 'Seven Samurai'

Too many...

Wilson:
Anybody grabbed these yet?- French Connection, Saving Pvt Ryan, King Of Hearts

All excellent!:thumbs_up: How about Day of the Jackal, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Presumed Innocent. While the "great": label is a bit strong, certainly entertaining movies.

Let's not forget Silent World and World Without Sun

American Beauty: Twisted but right on.
Pulp Fiction: Really twisted.
The usual suspects: always keeps you guessing
Casablanca: The reluctant hero at its best.
Dr. Zhivago: The Grandeur
As good as it gets: Touching
Caddyshack: Rodney and the boys having a good time.
The Treasure of the Sierra madre" "Badges, we don't need no stinkin Badges."
Star Wars: Wow-Cinema changed
On the water Front: Marlon before he got Fat-gritty.
To Kill a Mockingbird: Gregory Peck at his peak-They don't make them like this anymore.
Many, many others but these came to mind immediately.

Oh yeah Dr. Zhivago was great!

Remember the original Dracula?

Back
Top Bottom