Greatest movies of all time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are missing the Boat......

Big Jake.....The Dukes best movie

Lonesome Dove....what an epic

Sound of Music....as mentioned, visit Salzburg, it will always be a fave

White Christmas/Holiday Inn.....these tie is my opinion

Star Wars.....remember episode 4, the original.....wow

Fiddler on the Roof.....Hey, saw it on stage, great production

wouldn't even sit down and watch Brokeback.........ever........

H2Andy:
Brokeback Mountain i thought "lightweight" other than the subject. cinematography was gorgeous, but the plot read like a short story (which it was!). a good movie, but i think he's done tons of better movies (The Wedding Banket, Eat Drink Man Woman, Sense and Sensibility, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon)

anyway... not that you asked!!

:wink:

You're probably right - I loved the Wedding Banquet and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon as well. But Brokeback had something neither of those two movies had...Jake Gyllenhaal! (I don't just find goofs like Bill Murray sexy!) :D

TSandM:
Dune was a disappointment.

:)

No never.......a classic of our time shot on a shoestring budget!!

shakeybrainsurgeon:
I agree with TSandM...Dune was painful to watch

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!! The world has gone mad! When star quality such as this film can be overlooked in favour of the Sound Of Music!

I keep forgetting that you cant hear sarcasm in writing!!!!:eyebrow: Dune was only as painful as having root canal surgery without anastheatic!

The Graduate, The Deep & Captain Ron

TSandM:
Bull Durham is another favorite. It's the best movie Costner's made.

have you seen Tin Cup? the guy who wrote and directed Bull Durham co-wrote and directed Tin Cup. I think Costner is even better than in Bull Durham.

Blade Runner is also great.

a terribly underrated movie. the director's cut (the way it was meant to be released) is just awesome.

Amberjack:
But Brokeback had something neither of those two movies had...Jake Gyllenhaal!

you and my wife!

:10:

H2Andy:
have you seen Tin Cup? the guy who wrote and directed Bull Durham co-wrote and directed Tin Cup. I think Costner is even better than in Bull Durham.

a terribly underrated movie. the director's cut (the way it was meant to be released) is just awesome.

you and my wife!

:10:

I agree that Blade Runner is awesome...as a fan, Andy, you must have an opinion on the great seething controversy about the movie (I never read the book, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, so I can't speak to what the author intended): was Harrison Ford himself a replicant???:confused:

What makes good drama is when the villains aren't totally bad and the hero not entirely good.

shakeybrainsurgeon:
was Harrison Ford himself a replicant???:confused:

i think if you watch the director's cut (the intended release), there is no question...

but the general release edit (the one with the narration) is a muddle...

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom