Greatest movies of all time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dude, Ms. Fonda's "bits" not withstanding, that movie was a piece of crap.

Anybody ever walk out on a movie you paid for?

I walked out on the movie Loser.

bwerb:
As worst movie ever? Alright, I'll go for that :D

Only redeeming feature? The name Duran Duran...ok, perhaps that isn't really a plus.

it's going to take me at least a week to forget i ever read this post

:eyebrow:

tonka97:
Lord Love a Duck won the Silver Berlin Bear Award 1966.:huh:

ah yeah, well, there you go... the Silver Berlin Bear

silly me

:eyebrow:

I walked out on Wizards, and would have walked out on My Life as a Dog if I hadn't been on an airliner.

But Wilson, how could I have forgotten King of Hearts, which is one of my absolute all-time favorite movies? And Zorba the Greek? And a movie whose name I've forgotten where Alan Bates plays a con man who steals another's identity, murders him, and buries him in the basement of the building where they live? Bates is one of the finest actors I've ever seen. You can't even recognize him from one movie to another, he is such a chameleon.

The Ruling Class is another classic. A long and bitterly sarcastic movie, and you're amazed when it's over.

fndmylove:
hey hey, I mentioned Momento :wink:

But we're reading the thread backwards so it hasn't been mentioned yet. :D

I walked out of "Seven"...I couldn't handle it, too perverted and evil, don't want that loop playing in my brain.

Munich was annoying, and I would have left but I try to be considerate of the other person. I really hate getting stuck in a sucky flick, cause you know about ten minutes into it. "oh, great, this is gonna suck" and you look at your watch. JB and I get along because we give a movie 15 minutes and then if we aren't invested we leave and do something better. Or, we rent three or four and give them ten and just keep moving on to the next one.

I liked the Lord of the Rings, but some of those battles were toooo long. So, yes, I leave about 10 percent of the time.

My list of Favorites, some have been mentioned, some haven't

The Silence of the Lambs : All time favorite, only wish Jodi Foster would have been in Hannibal. I think that would have been a new fav.
Pulp Fiction : The scene from the restaurant was awesome. Also liked the OD scene when he rammed the needle into her heart. That was an attention getter.
Silent Running (1972 or so) : The last scene with the little robot limping around watering the plants was a classic
Easy Rider : In spite of Peter Fondas inability to act, Jack Nicholson did a great job, introduction (for me at least) to Dennis Hopper, music did well with the movie. Had a lot to do with where I was at that point in my life.
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest : Jack Nicholson's best movie. His interaction with "Nurse Ratched" was great
The Life of David Gale : As mentioned before was extremely well done.
The Scent of a Woman : Al Pacino was excellent
Play Misty for Me : The scisssor scene almost stopped my heart
To Sir with Love : One of Sidney Poitier's best, excellent role for him considering the times.
African Queen : Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn on the same screen. Classic
Dr Strangelove : The scene with Slim Pickens riding the bomb down, what an ending.
Fargo : I lived the first half of my life in North Dakota. They really do talk like that.
Forrest Gump : The muiscal score made this, great acting all around
Castaway : Have recurring dream of ending up like this
Cool Hand Luke : I think it was the best movie Paul Newman ever made
add to those : almost everything Alfred Hitchcock ever did

bwerb:
Dude, Ms. Fonda's "bits" not withstanding, that movie was a piece of crap.

You have destroyed my faith in life......Barberella was life changing!!

fndmylove:

I walked out on the movie Loser.

One of my colleagues took his grade school-age children to see Caligula, thinking it was some form of PBS-style historical drame...he walked out of course, but declined to tell me what scene in the movie clued him in to the real nature of that movie...I am still amazed the theater let him in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom