Greater Tampa dive thread V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Was wondering if y'all can give a suggestion for a good dive for new diver in the Clearwater area. I certified several years ago, but haven't dove much... My daughter just got her cert ... We're looking for an easy gulf dive from a good boat that caters to newer divers...We've dived Weeki Wachee, Devil's Den and Blue Grotto...Now we're looking for something a little more interesting in the wildlife category...

I've heard good things about Plunger out of Clearwater and had a trip on Tanks-a-lot scrubbed due to weather a couple of years ago...

Both of our certs are Naui Open Water and we're looking for an easy dive to get more experience without much in the way of challenges...

Thanks

Steve

spschneer:
Hi,
Was wondering if y'all can give a suggestion for a good dive for new diver in the Clearwater area. I certified several years ago, but haven't dove much... My daughter just got her cert ... We're looking for an easy gulf dive from a good boat that caters to newer divers...We've dived Weeki Wachee, Devil's Den and Blue Grotto...Now we're looking for something a little more interesting in the wildlife category...

I've heard good things about Plunger out of Clearwater and had a trip on Tanks-a-lot scrubbed due to weather a couple of years ago...

Both of our certs are Naui Open Water and we're looking for an easy dive to get more experience without much in the way of challenges...

Thanks

Steve

Narcosis Charters, SeaFox, and Tanks-a-Lot, are all good. Let them know your level and they will be happy to cater.

I myself will be on teh SeaFox tomorrow, with lil sis.

Missdirected:
I myself will be on teh SeaFox tomorrow, with lil sis.

Do you know if they have any space available? How early do they go out? where from? what kind of dives?

Steve

I have been out with Tanks Alot ... small boat good crew ... sarasota has some nice dives as well i use Scuba quest
Kim P
:mostlysun

spschneer:
Hi,

Thanks

Steve

:mostlysun Hello Tampa Bay divers .... I hope to meet some of you guys soon at invade the Keys ... Any body diving tomorrow morning? on the 4th?
Kim P
:mostlysun

Diving yesterday from SeaFox Charters:

Okay the diving particlulars; goliaths, snook, snapper, stone crab, arrow crab, puffer, atlantic spades, barracuda (lots), juvenile hogfish, and a pair of butterflys. The Goliaths were much smaller than the ones from the previous two days diving this week. Same goes for the snook they were only 2-2 1/2 ft. First dive was the Old Clearwater Pass Bridge which was torn down last year and dumped in the water. The structures were really neat. With the sun dancing off of some of the pilings it made it very picturesque. The bridge spans a very large area, so we were able to "run" to the other end and stay away from the other divers as some really liked the silt :wink: Lots of places for things to hide. Definitely would like to visit this site again.

Second dive was Pandoras Box. Lil Sis and I bailed early - silted really bad - additionally there was nothing to see as everything had ran off :(

Missdirected:
Diving yesterday from SeaFox Charters:

Okay the diving particlulars; goliaths, snook, snapper, stone crab, arrow crab, puffer, atlantic spades, barracuda (lots), juvenile hogfish, and a pair of butterflys. The Goliaths were much smaller than the ones from the previous two days diving this week. Same goes for the snook they were only 2-2 1/2 ft. First dive was the Old Clearwater Pass Bridge which was torn down last year and dumped in the water. The structures were really neat. With the sun dancing off of some of the pilings it made it very picturesque. The bridge spans a very large area, so we were able to "run" to the other end and stay away from the other divers as some really liked the silt :wink: Lots of places for things to hide. Definitely would like to visit this site again.

Second dive was Pandoras Box. Lil Sis and I bailed early - silted really bad - additionally there was nothing to see as everything had ran off :(

FYI, I know there has been a lot of talk about the Sheridan and Blackthorne. SeaFox is doing a charter this weekend for $95. There are three dives. The third being Table Top. He said, we should be back about 4:30. I know it is very steep but if anyone is interested let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom