Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would introduce myself somewhat, have been lurking on here for about a month now, made a few posts for some much needed info, for which I am gratefull. Still new to diving, just certified on Oct 18th. I had always wanted to get certified but kept putting it off, my vacation was the main reason why I finally did it. Went to Jamaica, ( I know, not the best diving) to stay at one of the Beaches resorts and diving was included, so to take advantage of the FREE, I got certified. Was able to do ten dives while I was there, deepest to 72 feet according to my computer, just for a sec though. I have the warning set to go off at 70 since I am still new and the wife wants to stay above 60 for now. Hope to get to meet all of you, but due to my work schedule I can not go to m/g's. I am a bailbondsman and work weekends, 12 hour shifts on sat sun, it sucks. But, I am off on Mon and tues if anybody else can dive during the week.

Welcome to the board OneFastPony. I am going to Jamaica for a second year again. The resort is all-inclusive and is a hell of a deal! That's why we like it.
Hope to catch up and dive with you at a later date!

Heya Missy. No diving this wekend. Had to go fish a kingfish tournament Saturday. Left after work friday and didnt return home till late Saturday night. Slept in today and worked on some of my dive equip. For those that dove this weekend...You are a tough bunch. We battled the waves in the shipping channel. I can't imagine what it was like further out.
Cheers. Walt

Salmonboy,
The only thing that I didnt like was the fact that the dives were only 30minutes. They are WAAAAYYY cautious. I would come up on a shallow dive after 30 minutes with 1800-2000psi of air still.

Just thought I would introduce myself somewhat, have been lurking on here for about a month now, made a few posts for some much needed info, for which I am gratefull. Still new to diving, just certified on Oct 18th. I had always wanted to get certified but kept putting it off, my vacation was the main reason why I finally did it. Went to Jamaica, ( I know, not the best diving) to stay at one of the Beaches resorts and diving was included, so to take advantage of the FREE, I got certified. Was able to do ten dives while I was there, deepest to 72 feet according to my computer, just for a sec though. I have the warning set to go off at 70 since I am still new and the wife wants to stay above 60 for now. Hope to get to meet all of you, but due to my work schedule I can not go to m/g's. I am a bailbondsman and work weekends, 12 hour shifts on sat sun, it sucks. But, I am off on Mon and tues if anybody else can dive during the week.

Welcome, welcome

I dive every mon if the weather allows it and sometimes on tues. Keep a eye out for my post on the weekends if I don't have plans with someone I am always looking for a couple more.

I've seen you around :wink: Welcome to the group. No worries, we actually have quite a few that dive during the week so you should be in good shape for finding buds.

Also I don't always set-up the M&G's on the weekends - so you are in luck there as well. Though this M & G will probably be the last for the season. I found over the alst couple of years M & G's don't do well once the holidays begin.

Heya Missy. No diving this wekend. Had to go fish a kingfish tournament Saturday. Left after work friday and didnt return home till late Saturday night. Slept in today and worked on some of my dive equip. For those that dove this weekend...You are a tough bunch. We battled the waves in the shipping channel. I can't imagine what it was like further out.
Cheers. Walt

Get anything? Shore diving 'round here was actually very good. Further out - not so much.

Salmonboy,
The only thing that I didnt like was the fact that the dives were only 30minutes. They are WAAAAYYY cautious. I would come up on a shallow dive after 30 minutes with 1800-2000psi of air still.

On an 80? If so, excellent air consumtion - especially for a newb :thumbs-up

I dive every mon if the weather allows it and sometimes on tues. Keep a eye out for my post on the weekends if I don't have plans with someone I am always looking for a couple more.

:thumbs-up

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

Welcome to the board. Hope to dive with you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom