Greater Tampa Area VII started 9/6/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all, I haven't posted in awhile! Just getting back into diving...which I really love! My golf game didn't really materialize like I wanted it to! I will probably head south to dive until next summer...since moving to the Tampa area from Buffalo, I have lost my love for Lake Erie 72 degree water temps in mid-summer. I really just want to chat with local divers and hopefully find a few new dive buddies and friends.

I really just want to chat with local divers and hopefully find a few new dive buddies and friends.[/QUOTE]

Well you came to the right place.Some one is always up to talk, dive or whatever else.

Missdirected:
Is no one worried about diving this weekend???? You guys do know the water temperature is steadily dropping, right? Those of you that can't handle the cold are going to have an awfully long wait until next summer. By the way viz was like 30-40 foot when we were out on Monday. Let's go dive!

Then again those us who can handle the cold wont have to wait so long. :D

truck1:
Some one is always up to talk, dive or whatever else.

Unless it is to Truck1 then we try to steer clear :winky:

FLDiver, you said dive South... like where? You know we have some really good diving here :jump:

fldiver327:
I really just want to chat with local divers and hopefully find a few new dive buddies and friends.
Good morning new to the area diver ... and welcome. You have come to the right place ... I post all of my dives and you are welcome to join any time ... scuba board has a big thing going on on 10-27 thru 10-29 at "Ginnie springs not so mega dive" we have about 40 divers signed up so far it will be fun and you are welcome to join.
Kim P
divergirl4u@yahoo.com

Here it is at long last.
The long awaited dive-off entry from Miss and CMU:cheering:

Drum roll, please.

:drummer:
Today was absolutely insane. We hit the water at 9:35, Frogman_5, CMU, and myself. From there the hunt was on. I was surprised to see so many crabs. That said, it is a great place for them, as the majority of the make-up is boulders left from an old bridge. So in the nooks there they were - the crab with the monster claws :letsparty: I couldn't go a foot without seeing one. They were everywhere.

The first one I caught was pregnant so I spared her, thinking only of dipping her children in butter sometime in the future :D This was also my good deed for the day as someone else would be able to munch on the children later :28: Moving on, I met my match. The biggest stoner I had ever seen. He quickly retreated into his burrow. I wondered; now what was I going to do :ne_nau: It was him or me and he was an arm length away from me and my clenching victory! Patiently I waited for him to peek out. Nothing. Minutes passed and still not a peep from him. Finally he emerged just the tiniest bit, and wham, I pinned him. He refused to go down without a fight though. I am surprised my buddies didn't try and rescue me actually. He grabbed my arm twisted it and turned me on my back.:11: Somehow I recovered, and with the little strength I had left a made one final go of it. As luck would have it, he was now pinned, and with just the slightest game of thumb wrestling, I stood victorious!

Let me just tell you this group has mastered hiding. You can reach into their hole, feel around, and realize they burrowed the deepest recesses of their homes perfectly. When they retreat they are flush with their surroundings.

A word of caution; as CMU and I motored a long we realized the other hunters aren't as friendly as we. Someone threw a bait net on top of us! Someone else tried, but thankfully failed, to snag us in filament. I really think they were trying to capture her - being bite size and all :winky: - I just happened to be in the wrong company :D

In the end Frogman_5 came up with several claws but we all know it was mine that really counted :sprint:

Can't wait see that match-up on the ESPN highlights today!!! Should be a great one!! :D

rhyz:
Can't wait see that match-up on the ESPN highlights today!!! Should be a great one!! :D

Were in negotiations now :14:

Wow little more than a week before I get back down there.......LOL I think my puppy thinks I should spend more time at home. I should get him certified.!! :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom