Great Whites In Our Waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X:
Rats! I've been had! It just goes to show you that you can't trust even your friends. Sorry for the mistake on my part. I'll leave this up for a few more hours so folks can read my appology and then delete the post.

Happy and safe holidays.

Your should leave it up for a little longer with both aticles since one is saying Great white and the other claiming Mako.

It looks like a White to me!

Underwaterlyle:
Your should leave it up for a little longer with both aticles since one is saying Great white and the other claiming Mako.

It looks like a White to me!

The two species are very similar ... but I think the one in the article is a mako ... compare the two descriptions here ...

http://yahooligans.yahoo.com/content/animals/species/3354.html

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yep. I thought I read that story before..........still no reason to have killed it though.

OE2X:
Rats! I've been had! It just goes to show you that you can't trust even your friends. Sorry for the mistake on my part. I'll leave this up for a few more hours so folks can read my appology and then delete the post.

Happy and safe holidays.

Hey man I thought the other story was bad because it says its a big Mako when I personally thinks its a GW. Sorry I came across the wrong way, you'll forgive me right?

NWGratefulDiver:
The two species are very similar ... but I think the one in the article is a mako ... compare the two descriptions here ...

http://yahooligans.yahoo.com/content/animals/species/3354.html

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's really hard to tell from these pictures. The teeth look too slender to be a Great White so based on that I'd guess it was a Mako. You could tell for sure if you could touch the teeth. GW teeth are serrated along the edges and Mako's aren't.

The really interesting question is what's the real story behind this picture...

R..

Well if you want to see REAL great white sharks, check out the images I just posted from my trip to Guadalupe Island. They're on my web site (link below) under still images/marine fish.

Dr. Bill

Hey! We saw that same shark on our last dive in the local lake. It's true.........

Back
Top Bottom