Great White spotted in Jupiter on 1/8/2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw this on reddit this morning. Apparently, a great white was seen on a dive with Scuba Works yesterday.

There's a 13-footer tagged by Ocearch whose GPS transmitter pinged off Melbourne on the 7th. Not sure how big the one in that video is...

Any idea of where it was?
I asked and haven't received a response yet. Besides "Jupiter" and Scuba Works, it would be somewhere along the Juno Ledge.

Man that would have been so awesome!!! I'm diving Jupiter this upcoming 3-day weekend (weather dependent of course). I'll have to keep my eyes up off of the reef and looking out into the blue.

Man that would have been so awesome!!! I'm diving Jupiter this upcoming 3-day weekend (weather dependent of course). I'll have to keep my eyes up off of the reef and looking out into the blue.
Looks like it was swimming over the sand. I would have probably been up on the ledge looking for lobster and missed it.

Wow! Many, many dives there. Timing is everything
It was estimated at 12-15ft in the video captured. Another topside non-diving boat was behind DivOcean and they also clearly picked it up on their bottom finder sonar. They tried to keep searching for it but could not re-acquire it on the screen.

I've been at the wheel waiting on divers and it's wild when something really big comes across my screen and pings off at 30ft when I'm 90 to the sand. Its a solid hard mid water object and you start screaming W T F is that!!! And then start doing slow circles and looking at the surface for a fin. I'm diving tomorrow 5 miles south of Tunnels and my head will be on a swivel that's for sure.( but it's migrating to the gulf for pupping probably, they never hang around)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom