Great white shark spotted by divers in Islamorada??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Horizon divers are reporting on Facebook that a local dive shop saw a Great White on the Eagle.

Has anyone else heard this?

I've seen them with my own 2 eyes on the S-16, southwest of Key West, as well as having video of one on Riley's Hump in the Dry Tortugas. With the recent catch and tag of one in Jacksonville and another catch and release in FLL, I'm not surprised if there was one on the Eagle.

Reefman, explain why you think this is BS?

12383_10151558606414489_1048579140_n.jpg

---------- Post added April 11th, 2013 at 12:35 PM ----------

Above picture posted on facebook with the following quote
Stephen HamedlScubaNation.com

"This is a Great White that was photographed in Islemorada yesterday by a diver who was on "The Eagle" Photographed by Jen Crone"

There's pictures of the shark all over face book. Scuba Nation shared the pic and said "I truly believe this is the same shark that was spotted in Boynton Beach on Sunday, caught off Port Everglades by a fisherman on Monday , now sighted off the Eagle in Islamorada on Wednesday. SAME proportions... No coincidence"

I've seen them with my own 2 eyes on the S-16, southwest of Key West, as well as having video of one on Riley's Hump in the Dry Tortugas. With the recent catch and tag of one in Jacksonville and another catch and release in FLL, I'm not surprised if there was one on the Eagle.

Reefman, explain why you think this is BS?

wookie, i'm a natural born skeptic. i'll hang a bit for more info before i make a fool of myself on SB,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

wookie, i'm a natural born skeptic. i'll hang a bit for more info before i make a fool of myself on SB,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Cool. That pic looks like a shortfin Mako to me, but I'm no expert. I like them all..... :)

Fixed it for them :)

There's pictures of the shark all over face book. Scuba Nation shared the pic and said "I truly believe this is the same shark that was spotted in Boynton Beach on Sunday, caught off Port Everglades by a fisherman on Monday , now totally pissed off at humans and sighted off the Eagle in Islamorada on Wednesday looking for revenge. SAME proportions... No coincidence"
Have I incited fear into divers yet? :wink:

From my lack of knowledge that is definitely a GWS. I blew the photo coloring out, but it highlights the colors to show the lines, which match every GWS I have ever seen.shark.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom