GREAT shore dive conditions @ LBTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
Just an FYI that the water has been FLAT for several days and right now (Tuesday) would be a great time to organize a night dive before we get weather again. I'm tied up this week evenings but didn't want this opportunity to go to waste!

We may be doing LBTS this Saturday morning... I'll post an activity if so. But the chances of this holding out through the weekend are slim!

GO! GET WET!

I was out Saturday before my flight. I was fantastic. I swam hard breastroke in just a mask and snorkle (no fins) for an hour and a half going from flag to flag when the coast was clear. Best workout ever. No boredom like in the pool. I'm still sore though.

Well, I'm up for a dive this weekend; I haven't done a shore dive down there in who knows how long!

Let's see what the weather does, and get a little group going...I'm trying to avoid the Holiday weekend throng of out-of-towners on the dive boats, so I have no specific agenda. Just wanna get wet!

I sure hope some of us take advantage of this... it must be crystal clear by now. Greg and I are planning on taking the diveyak out to the balls and do a loooooong drift on Saturday - I sure hope these conditions hold that long!

Last night I free'd up too late to go, but there was a HUGE orange full moon over the water by about 9 PM. I've seen that from underwater before and it's a real memory, but why I didn't at least go snorkle it I don't know... getting old I guess!

Actually, it's racquetball... I started playing again this week and am not walking all that well lol...

I went off of Dania this morning, it was beutiful, like a lake. The water temp is getting up there, the air temp is getting near the 90s and the pm rains look like they are on the way. Summer must be here!

KBeck:
Well, I'm up for a dive this weekend; I haven't done a shore dive down there in who knows how long!

Let's see what the weather does, and get a little group going...I'm trying to avoid the Holiday weekend throng of out-of-towners on the dive boats, so I have no specific agenda. Just wanna get wet!

I second that...

I'm going out with Marvel et al on thursday night but would love to do a shore dive sat and/or sunday also...

Are you Concher's planning any AM or PM shore dives for this coming Sun-Wed??

I'll be in town and as of right now have 4 divers and we are booked on Parrott Island's boats for Sunday PM, Monday AM 2-tankers. Nothing else planned. There is a little talk within my group of doing a night dive at LBS.

Went out Monday night, and had an AWESOME (used that word just for you Mike :D) dive. The moon was rising over the ocean, and yes, it was orange. Planning on going out on Thursday night also. Hope the weather holds. OH, water temp is 81°. Sweet.

If you guys see anyone moping around like they've lost their light...............

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom