Great Lakes Wrecking Crew 14th Semi-Annual Meet and Greet April 23rd-25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I'm definitely up for that. I've had a dive to the sump follow the North wall until the exit at the deep dock, but I've never started a dive from there. Anybody want to toss up a dive plan so we can all file something similar (i.e., THE SAME) when arriving Friday?

I think my tanks have 33% and 34% in them so if I get an early dive in on Friday and top-off with Air from Gilboa, I ought to be ready for anything.

-Rob

Hey Rob, what we usually do is. Jump in from the deep dock. descend all the way to the bottom.. At which point I call the dive because of free flowing regs.:D:dork2: Not this year though. Then from there on Those that are still left. follow the wall all the way to about where the tubes are. Ascend there do a minute or so of saftey stop. Then continue on up to the dock by the plane. do a 3or4 minute safety then exit.

Has anyone heard how the water temps are looking for this weekend? I talked to Jodie this afternoon and she didn't know any exact temps but she seemed to be of the impression the temp is above normal. she gave me mikes cell phone number and said to call and ask him, I decided to ask here first :)

The water temps will be right about where they are at this time every year. 42-45degrees. in the shallows then 38to40 around the tubes. 36 at 125 if your doing the deep dive..:coffee: will be needed after that.

I plan to arrive in time to set up camp and do the deep dive. Just need to set up the pony. No big deal just another thing to add to the list.

I prepped the cast iron kettles tonight... Anyone have water jugs they can bring so I can clean them between types of soup or at the very least each night?

As for what I'm bringing, I'll probably switch from one of the salads to a soup. I'm calling no rain but the temps will still be in the range that soup will be apprciated between dives.

Paula

I plan to get there around 10 Friday, I'd like to join for the deep dive if thats cool. I'll probably stay until Saturday afternoon since I have college parties to be at that will way more fun than your campfire

anyone bringing scooters?

anyone bringing scooters?

I'll bring mine along, it's nothing fancy (was one of the scooters given away at the guinness event) I haven't gotten to use it for diving yet, only tooling around on the surface

I wrecked my bicycle and fractured a rib. This is the kind of luck I have. I hope I'll be able to carry my gear by Friday. No such thing at the moment.

I wrecked my bicycle and fractured a rib. This is the kind of luck I have. I hope I'll be able to carry my gear by Friday. No such thing at the moment.

I told you not to try and chew gum at the same time. Sounds like you will need to suck it up......:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

I told you not to try and chew gum at the same time. Sounds like you will need to suck it up......:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

I will try! I came around a corner and hit a big slippery mud slick. scraped my knees and elbows, bruised my hip and messed up my shoulder. Pretty pathetic, really. I can't even close the window.

Hey does anyone have any small tanks my student could borrow? I can't get the 63 or whatever it was that we were borrowing to use in the pool. She's tiny and I hate to put her in an 80 if someone has something smaller available.
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom