Great Lakes Dive Clubs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitten Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
So if I want to dive in Michigan should I post in this forum or the sub-forum for Port Huron and the St. Lawrence? :shakehead:

I hope that Ted and Brian stay with us rather than leaving for wetter conditions?

So if I want to dive in Michigan should I post in this forum or the sub-forum for Port Huron and the St. Lawrence? :shakehead:

I hope that Ted and Brian stay with us rather than leaving for wetter conditions?

Actually My question was. Are we not good enough that you have to start your own little private club? Or what do I have to do to join? So If I want to dive in the port Huron area I can. I was always under the assumption, that the Great Lakes area fell in the Port Huron Zone, but I guess I was under the wrong assumption.

The clubs section isn't meant to section of the regional areas. It's a service that Scubaboard is doing for existing clubs. From what I can tell they are similar to the instructors forum. You have to prove you are an instructor to be given access.

The first place I saw it mentioned was in Scubaboard's August Newsletter:

"Get Your Dive Club on ScubaBoard
Get space for your Dive Club right here on ScubaBoard! That's right; we can provide a moderated private forum for your Dive Club of 12 or more. Contact our Administrator, El Orans for details! "

It sounds like a wonderful service. My local club has it's own website but it's very time consuming for volunteers to maintain. If we were to utilize the club feature on Scubaboard much of the communication issues would be easy.

The Michigan Lake Divers Assoc. (MLDA) is such an existing club. They've posted some of their meetings on the general forum in the last couple of years. I'm surprised they haven't utilized the privacy feature for their forum. That would be a major need of my local club. People don't want their phone numbers and other personal information splashed on the web.

There is more information on the clubs under "Frequently Asked Question", "Special Access Forums"

Paula

Gentlemen, look at it as a way to get to know the people who dive regularly with their home club but never met us :wink: Be nice and welcoming, let's see if we can get them to become active on the board.

I'll give you an extra ear thwapping :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

Gentlemen, look at it as a way to get to know the people who dive regularly with their home club but never met us :wink: Be nice and welcoming, let's see if we can get them to become active on the board.

I'll give you an extra ear thwapping :wink:

Me??? a Gentlemen??? Man you give up your bed one time and look at the impression some one has of you.

I still think it is splinter cells cropping up...

Me??? a Gentlemen??? Man you give up your bed one time and look at the impression some one has of you.

I still think it is splinter cells cropping up...

Well, I was going to say "Boys" :rofl3:

It's simply a new family moving into the neighborhood. Go bake some brownies and stop by to see if they have any hot daughters :wink:

Stop by to see if they have any hot daughters :wink:

They have HOT daughters???????:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow: Ted, we should probably stop by and introduce ourselves. Ted! Ted! Now where did he go?

Here I thought we were just taking advantage of a resource that the board offered, The MLDA forum was not meant to put-off or exclude anyone but was meant to encourage our club members to use the board more.
Also we did not want to clutter up the Wrecking Crew's forum with local stuff you may not be interested in.
But please stop & post, and of coarse anyone is welcome to join us any time...
Again I'm sorry if we offended anyone.

Last edited:
If club activities are open to the public, I would love to read about it on the Wrecking Crew form. So many time the clubs organize speakers and dives but offer them open to the public for free or a nominal fee.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom