Great Diving in Saba - Dutch Antilles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gofast,
the win-air connecting flight to Saba is only slightly more than the ferry and looks to worth the price of admission, its listed as the shortest commercial airstrip in the world.The flight also flys low enough to not worry about the no-fly rule. SeaSaba put an awsome pkg together for us. 7 nights at a place called El Momo (rustic) with a kitchen and 12 dives for under $900/per. Lynn the owner has been very responsive in e-mails answering ALL my questions. The island boasts zero crime and views that put them on the 1000 places to visit before you die. Can give you more info after we get back. C D

gofast,
the win-air connecting flight to Saba is only slightly more than the ferry and looks to worth the price of admission,

be very careful with win air, i went to saba 2X and both times had issues with winair.

1st time the luggage with gear was left off the plane, arrived a few hours later after my 1st 2 dives. There excuse, "we did not think you needed it"

2nd time the airline does not accept credit cards without an email with a photocopy of a license or passport. I will not send sensitive personal info through email so we landed in St martin, went to the main office, got credit card approval for the flight. Next day went to the airport, our tickets were refunded for lack of approval. 1 hour later, sitting on a nice ferry with plenty of room for luggage and feet, plenty of free beer and drinks. Not a bad 90 mintue ride.

Another issue with the plane, it is on the opposite side of the island where the dive boat are. The ferry docks right next to the dive boats, so if you want to dive the 1st day, save a 30-60(+plane unloading time) minute taxi ride(FYI, cool ride)

scubamarc -This is upsetting to hear!! How long ago did this happen? Win-air even sent a e-mail to confirm and wanted our flight info in and out of st. marteen. Sure hope there is not a problem as we are on the last plane for the night and first to the morning. We have become very particular w/ whats put in the carry on. Was there a problem with the carry on size as well.
Syd2315 - We are with seasaba as well, heard from dandydon (a SB member ) that seasaba left him at the airport. guess we will roll with the changes !?! Any other concerns or suggestions - we would love to hear. C. D.

scubamarc -This is upsetting to hear!! How long ago did this happen? Win-air even sent a e-mail to confirm and wanted our flight info in and out of st. marteen. Sure hope there is not a problem as we are on the last plane for the night and first to the morning. We have become very particular w/ whats put in the carry on. Was there a problem with the carry on size as well.
Syd2315 - We are with seasaba as well, heard from dandydon (a SB member ) that seasaba left him at the airport. guess we will roll with the changes !?! Any other concerns or suggestions - we would love to hear. C. D.

2007 and 2008
carry on should be ok, the luggage was issue. I think i rememberer people putting their luggage on the plane themselves. Check this option out.
I used sea saba as well and was they were very good with me. I stayed at scouts.

Thanks for that info. We are staying at a time share in St. Martin, so will do Saba as a day trip. I will look into the idea of flying over. Thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom