Great Danes, anyone??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just thought I would ask if anyone else owned a Great Dane. Its always nice to have someone that can relate to comments like "So, Bravo wacked me with his tail today, I think I have a bruise" or "How many times are people going to ask me if I have a saddle for him????"

As you can see from my pic... we love our baby boy!!! Anyone else love a Dane????

K

I don't have a Dane, but I do have two Ridgebacks. One is very large and I get the same comments - "she should have a saddle" etc. I've even had parents lift their kid up to ride her! I did not use my "nice" voice.

My puppy girl, 2 years old this month, just hit me in the face the other day and left a nice little tooth mark :wink:

Oh I would lose my cool is someone tried to ride my dog. Hes a dog not a horse LOL. Ridgebacks are beautiful dogs, we see them at shows all the time... but the only one that I have met in person was not very friendly. Are then generally unhappy dogs, or was it just this one??

Thanks for your reply! :)
K

I've had several neighbours with Great Danes but I've only had a Golden Retriever. She died a few months ago after 14 years. I'de like to get a Newfoundland sometime.

I do like Newfie's too.. Guess I have a thing for big dogs!! Sorry to hear about your baby, that always hurts!!

K

Ridgies are extremely happy dogs. But they aren't that overly excited about strangers - they are one owner dogs. Our babies love both my husband and I, but our big girl, Diva, is definitely Mama's Girl!

Most Ridgies I know are fine with other people, but really don't care to be all "doggie" - it's a bit beneath them, really :wink: Ours firmly believe that the sole reason for other people is to lavish them with attention...and since this is a human's primary purpose, there isn't any need for the Ridgie to get all excited :D They are merely accepting their due.

Our friends have a Ridgeback who is crazy friendly. But they've always been into taking it to various training classes and doggie socialization/play sessions so maybe that's why (doesn't seem to cut down completely on the crazy part!)

another friend has a Newfie who thinks it's a lapdog :11:

My Great Dane, (actually a German Mastiff) is a blue merle, her name is Floppsy, she likes to cuddle and sit in my lap. Floppsy is the one with the spots..

Want a newfie... Awesome dogs, so kind and gentle. And probably the cutest puppies ever.

I don't have danes..but, i do have 2 rotts. 5 yr. old male 130lbs., and a female 3 yrs. old..90lbs. my male Angus tries to sit on my lap..he's not a lap dog. My friend just had to put her Dane down...old age and sick. they are great dog's. I think my next dog is going to be a Bordeaux or an Australian Shepard.

Back
Top Bottom