Great custom wetsuit!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fuzzmutton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I had a wetsuit custom made for my son at Horizon Wetsuits (www.horizonwetsuits.com) and I couldn't be more pleased with the service or the quality of the suit. My son wore his suit when he got certified at Monterey, CA and although the other boy his age and even some of the adults complained of being cold, my son said he was toasty warm.

When I measured him for the suit I delayed for about a month on placing the order and although the turnaround time was a matter of a few days my son had grown an inch!! and gained 5 lbs.+!!! No matter, the ladies at Horizon Wetsuits had made the suit with room for growth and all it needed was a minor alteration, which they did for free. They even made a second hood *gratis* because my son needed a larger size for comfort.

I like the style of the suit, farmer john with a sleeveless step-in, because unlike the suit I bought from Henderson's, his is a suit where each piece is practical to wear by itself. My Henderson step-in has long sleeves and stops at mid-thigh, and the piece under it has full legs but no sleeves! I can't see myself wearing either piece by itself.

If you are thinking of going custom, please check out their website!! These ladies are great!:D

Attachments

• GWwetsuit.JPG
    GWwetsuit.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 129
Is not a single one of you guys going to razz me about Captain Aquatic, the lime-green wonder?:D I thought you guys were my friends...:shakehead

My son "designed" the suit himself after it was suggested that we, his parents, would have a better chance of keeping track of him in low viz if he incorporated lime green in with the black.

Fuzz

I will, good thing he looks like his Mom.......

I'm sorry, I asked Alec Baldwin to stop calling me a long time ago (I think I used the words "restraining order", or something to that effect):D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom