Grand Turk condo/ hotel rooms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. I know Grand Turk was greatly affected by a hurricane last year, so I am wondering what condos (need a 2 bedroom) are still standing and renting (if any). We aren't wedded to a condo, but do need 2 bedrooms or at least a separate master bedroom (kid can sleep on a pullout sofa). Since Grand Turk is small, how far out should I book the rooms? Just got back from a vacation in Mexico with not nearly enough diving and need to start planning the next one :D . What dive operators are recommended?
Thanks!

Oceancat: I too am looking for a condo on Grand Turk. I spoke with Dana at Aquahouse and he advised-

Hi Ted,

Please forgive me for this extremely late reply. I have just returned from Grand Turk where there is still no reliable Internet service since last September's hurricane. Hurricane Ike destroyed or severely damaged nearly every building on the island, and Aqua House was no exception. We have just begun to rebuild, and I don't expect to have Aqua House ready for occupation until July at the earliest. It will be even better than before, and I will be updating my web site accordingly. Meanwhile, you might be interested in Crabtree Apartments which are just down the beach from me or Island House which is not on the beach but has a pool and provides vehicles for their guests. I will add you to my list of inquirers and notify you when Aqua House is once again open to guests. By the way, by some miracle, our beautiful reef was not damaged at all by the hurricane. I suggest you e-mail Oasis Divers (oasisdiv@tciway.tc) for further information. Hope this helps.

You also might check out Osprey Beach--here's the quote to me for a Queen suite Good luck:

Hi Ted,

Many thanks for your enquiry, we do have availability thro June and our online discounted rates are as follows:

Beachfront Queen Suite with 2 queen beds and kitchenette for 10 nights:

$875 per person non diver, $1385 diving 8 days.

For 12 nights $1050 per person and $1688 diving 10 days

The rates include accommodation, government room taxes and welcome drink together with 2 tanks daily.

If you wish me to quote for more or less diving, I can do this too.

If you are interested in our Premier Suites, they are an extra $13 per person daily.

If you have any questions, I will be delighted to help.

Kind regards
Jenny

Thanks for the info. We aren' t thinking of going until winter 2010, so hopefully more lodging will be repaired by then and the people of Grand Turk are spared another devastating hurricane this upcoming season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom