Grand Cayman - running trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad you had such a great time! Thanks for such a detailed report, too.

We have been with Divetech for both of our trips to GC and have really liked their style - we're taking some friends there next week, in fact, so I was glad to hear that Lee is still there (always enjoyed bantering with him!).

About the comment about someone being on the boat - I think every dive I have done has been like that - the boat was never empty, and I'm talking Cozumel, Curacao and Cayman (I guess I like diving the C'c ;-) I think it's a better idea - if someone surfaces early for am emergency it seems like it would be easier for them to get fast help, rather than one of the guides having to do an emergency accent and possibly have the same problems, no?

Great Pics!! Were you able to contact DOE about the location of the lionfish?

each time it was reported to the dive shop...some of them had authorized personnel to go get them...the other contacted DOE...

Bravo!! Great pics and great job. I know it's a tough uphill battle with the Lionfish, but it's worth a shot. I saw a total of 0 on my nine dives last week on GC. I was actually happy about that. Also, a quick recommendation for Indigo Divers. Cap'n Crunch (Chris) and Katie do a great job. The north side resurrected my feeling for diving on GC.

Great pics. Thanks for the report. 2 months and counting...

Thank you for your in depth report.
It has helped us plan.
We are leaving for GC on July 30th
Great pictures, your new camera works well

Back
Top Bottom