Grand Cayman Kittiwake and reef dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carefully chosen, a cruise can give you more vacation for your dollar, and it's a good way to spend time with family members with divergent interests. No one has to be in charge of planning every little detail, and your family group can split up and pursue separate interests some of the time much more easily than with shore-based trips. I was just on a cruise with three non-diving family members. We were all able to pursue our interests during the day and enjoy our evenings together.

Very well put. I have been able to balance the family/friends divers and non-divers better on a cruise. This is how I managed it on the tail end of my Carnival Cruise on the Splendor. I was able to dive in Grand Cayman, spend time in Belize with family friends while I split time in Roatan between the diving and non-diving activities. How did I split the time? I found a little gem called Little French Key. Offered one tank wreck/reef dive then the dive charter dropped me off on the Little French Key Island during the surface interval for the resort divers. Great find for those trying to balance the family and friends. What better way to have a post-dive time than walking off the dive boat and then being handed food from local dishes and drinks, playing with monkeys and kayaking with the kids. Here is a video of this.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom