grand cayman in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdwho

Contributor
Reaction score
Woo-hoo!!! Keeping a promise we made during the midst of Ivan, we are heading back to Cayman. We're booked at our favorite place -- Cobalt Coast -- for the third week of January. Wondering if we might run into any other SBers...

sdwho

sdwho:
Woo-hoo!!! Keeping a promise we made during the midst of Ivan, we are heading back to Cayman. We're booked at our favorite place -- Cobalt Coast -- for the third week of January. Wondering if we might run into any other SBers...

sdwho

I can't make January but, I'm going back to Dive Tech/Cobalt Coast, my favorite Grand Cayman operation, in May. Please tell Nancy at Dive Tech and Arie & Dora at Cobalt Coast I said hello! Have a great trip!!!

debersole (www.debersole.com)

debersole:
I can't make January but, I'm going back to Dive Tech/Cobalt Coast, my favorite Grand Cayman operation, in May. Please tell Nancy at Dive Tech and Arie & Dora at Cobalt Coast I said hello! Have a great trip!!!

debersole (www.debersole.com)
I am travelling to Grand Cayman, condo near Rum Point, and wondered about diving, snorkeling too, after the hurricane. Plus any other ideas on how feasible this is going to be after the devestation. Thanks.

sdwho:I'll be around the island, though I don't know if I'll make it up to West Bay for any shore dives. My jeep died in the storm, but if the weather cooperates and you feel like driving I could be up for showing you some East End shore dives.

JimboD:Red Sail Sports at Rum Point has always been the only dive shop in that area. I think we'll be reopening reopening that location soon, though I don't have a schedule yet. Plenty of shore snorkeling, assuming good weather. You may find it necessary to go down to Ocean Frontiers to get tanks if you want to try shore diving some parts of East End.

Heading to GC 1/21 to 1/28, staying in a condo on 7MB (Regal Beach Club). Hoping to do a couple of wall days with DiveTech, and the rest shore diving where it's open (Eden Rock, maybe Sunset House). Since I was there in February, it will be very interesting to see how different things are - I'm expecting the worst, and will either be right or pleasantly surprised. Also checking Caymannetnews.com pretty much daily!

Thanks Drew..we'll consider taking you up on that. We've only done East End diving once in the more than 10 we've been coming to Cayman (stayed at the CDL back in 1997) and, to be honest, we got unlucky with the weather so I don't think it was a representative experience. How are things doing over on that side of the island?

sdwho

Drew Sailbum:
sdwho:I'll be around the island, though I don't know if I'll make it up to West Bay for any shore dives. My jeep died in the storm, but if the weather cooperates and you feel like driving I could be up for showing you some East End shore dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom