Grand Cayman Hurricane Charley

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nbdiver:
Curt, who you diving with while you are out there? I'll be diving with Ocean Frontiers on the East End. Have a good trip and hopefully we won't have any weather problems?

I will be with Sunset House, they have a 7 day rebreather special dive week called Zero Gravity.

It a week of unlimited depth and fully closed mixed gas rebreathers.

I hope to get some good deep wall shots.

Curt Bowen:
I will be with Sunset House, they have a 7 day rebreather special dive week called Zero Gravity.

It a week of unlimited depth and fully closed mixed gas rebreathers.

I hope to get some good deep wall shots.

SO curt,
What Rig Are you going to dive this year?? You did pretty good on your sidemounts last year..

I'll see ya in 10 days...

This web site shows the track of Charlie heading right for the Cayman Islands.

http://www.cayman27.com.ky/

My daughter lives there and they are starting to honker down for a bit of a blow.

Next week will be fine...

padiscubapro:
SO curt,
What Rig Are you going to dive this year?? You did pretty good on your sidemounts last year..

I'll see ya in 10 days...

Leon is bringing me my new Meg, but I will always have my trusty sidemount rig and my camera.

It's about 7 PM... we have secured the boat, brought all the birds in from their outside aviary and have put away the patio furniture. Nothing happening here yet, but it's still early and Charley will be here in one form or another. Probably no diving until AT LEAST Sat or Sunday, but hard to tell right now. The computer models are coming up with all kinds of paths that Charley can take. He will be gone quickly so hopefully the viz will be excellent by next week.
You should see the grocery store here on the day before a storm... kinda reminds me of the days before a big snow storm when I lived in CT! Gotta stock up on that milk and bread!
So ,Drew, are you guys having a "Hurricane Party" out that way? :)
Cheers ~ Casey

caymancase:
You should see the grocery store here on the day before a storm... kinda reminds me of the days before a big snow storm when I lived in CT! Gotta stock up on that milk and bread!

Some things haven't changed up here, my friend :D

Curt Bowen:
Leon is bringing me my new Meg, but I will always have my trusty sidemount rig and my camera.
SOunds good..

When I was down in April, Erika and Reg said they were going to try and do 12 mile banks this year... I hope they can pull it off since very few people get to dive that area.. mainly because of the SEVERE currents requiring a hot drop ahead of the sea mount..

Caymanites.....

Projections on visability next week. Heavy rains tend to murk the waters.. I will be on Brac Tuesday.

Any other dive comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vic

Oh... by the way, I trust that everyone is ok down there..... and no major damage is done.

Best wishes.

Vic

Vic McAlister:
Caymanites.....

Projections on visability next week. Heavy rains tend to murk the waters.. I will be on Brac Tuesday.

Any other dive comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vic
Heavy rains tend to murk the waters in areas of runoff. We have no rivers at all, so there is no point source concentration for runoff.

I'd bet that we have 100ft vis by Sunday at the latest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom