Grand Cayman Dive Op Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well everybody i think we have made our for diving on vacation. there are 3 days of diving that my dad and i plan to do. for those 3 days the concenus is to dive the east side with ocean frontiers, and then maybe a day or two of afternoon dives on the west side with casey or danny, hadnt decided on yet. (i would like to do 10 dives for the vacation )

this is all tenative for right now till we book it.

Well Gosh. Im not planning to dive Grand Cayman for another 14 months (arrive 9/24). We're staying at Morritts Tortuga. I just started researching all this today, so I have a lot to learn yet. I know little to nothing about Grand Cayman. Morritts Tortuga sells the fact that East End is not crowded but is that just a sales pitch. Why isnt it crowded? Does nobody want to dive there? What kind of dives does East End offer? I didnt notice any mention of wreck dives....only shallow reef dives. Are there any wall dives at East End? I really like to do wreck dives, so Im guessing I need to head to West End for that? Are there any wreck dives inparticular that anyone would recommend? Im not currently certified for penetration, but very well could be by then.
I would like to hear a balanced unbiased report on the differences between east end diving and west end diving. We prefer the "out of the way" resorts like Morritts Tortuga, but we want to dive the best spots. Do we need to go to West End to do that?

Thanks in advance for your input!!

Back
Top Bottom